“Beautiful room”

Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Princeton, New Jersey
“Beautiful room”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This hotel may be one of my favorite things in Cleveland (along w/ the botanical garden, art museum). The wood floors were beautiful, the bed was very comfortable, the room clean. The breakfast was decent. The staff friendly. I really loved the old architecture with the modern interior.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Arabic first
New Philadelphia, Ohio
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Checking in was quick. Valet service (mandatory) was good. Of course the cookies were great. The hotel is in a historic building and the renovation was tasteful, not taking away the character of the place.

Room was great, spacious and modern decoration the contrasted nicely with the building's character. The bathroom was gorgeous and well-lit with a nice shower. Our eighth floor room had a great view of Cleveland.

The service was fantastic all the way around--I would recommend this hotel if the area suits you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dickson, Tennessee
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We found the room beautiful,clean and comfortable. Our only knock is we had no tv remote. We mentioned this when room service brought our meal up.The attendant said he would have one sent to us. After an hour we called front desk to tell them we didn't need remote as we were getting ready for bed. The clerk said he would have breakfast vouchers sent with our bill under our door in the morning. We got no vouchers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Peabody, Kansas
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Our stay was great. The valet service was very quick and polite. Eveyone at the front desk was very nice and helpful. Eat at the restaurant our first night. Our waitress was very nice and the food was good. If you like historic hotels this is the place for you. It is close to the areas to go antiquing and many great restaurants. Make reservations before you get to Cleveland. the rooms were nice, well light and the bed was wonderful.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I booked a suite and a double for a post-bridal shower/bachelorette weekend. The building is gorgeous and glamorous feeling, with beautiful paneling in the lobby and hardwood floors in the rooms. I absolutely loved the contrast between the historic structure and the colorful modern art--did not feel out of place at all! Like a previous poster mentioned, the beds (down comforter, fluffy pillows, etc) were exceptional. The desk and vanity were marble-topped, and our rooms also had rain showerheads in addition to the regular showerheads--who needs a spa! The rooms were also very clean, not one hair or speck of dirt! Again, like the previous poster mentioned, our service was excellent. Very personable and helpful staff at the front desk who showed us around the hotel and helped us to our rooms. I will definitely stay here again, and I will recommend this hotel to my friends!

Room Tip: Our suite was worth the $10 upgrade from a standard double--it had an additional seating area with p...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Christy L
New Castle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I just got back from a 3 night stay at the Tudor Arms Hotel in Cleveland Ohio. What a wonderful 3 nights. The rooms were spacious. I love the hardwood floors, and the bathroom was so nice!! The beds are to die for. If I had one at home, I'd have a hard time getting out of it to go to work. The manager told me that the beds and the bedding can all be purchased by consumers. Anyhow, the hotel is beautiful, the restaurants are very nice and the food is good. The best part is the hotel staff!!! Everyone was so nice and accommodating. They spoke to you like they knew you all your life. I had a situation when we took the shuttle downtown. Coming back at 9 at night, we got on the wrong Hilton shuttle, the one for the Hilton Lakeside. The shuttle driver would not take me to The Tudor Arms Hotel, although it is a sister hotel. I called The Tudor Arms and the manager, Steven, came and picked us up!! He even stopped at Popeye's for us!!! That is service!! And we certainly enjoyed our time and personal service he gave!! He was a great conversationalist and fun to be with!! I was also impressed with the shuttle service. The poor driver circled around downtown and when we got back he was just getting back and was relieved to see us because he had been looking for us. How nice to know in a strange city that your hotel is looking for you! I found the valet service to be excellent! They not only parked your car and brought it to you quickly, but would call for the shuttle if you were standing more than 5 minutes waiting. I would not stay anywhere else in Cleveland, as long as the Tudor Arms has service like this!! And by the way, the rooms were very clean. I had a smoking room and was impressed that it did not stink of smoke. Keep it up Tudor Arms!! You are doing a stupendous job for the middle class traveler!! We have top notch service, nice clean rooms all at an affordable price. I would recommend everyone to stay at the Tudor Arms! I forgot to mention, that throughout my stay, I never once heard other guest coming or going to their room, it was so quiet and private. I really appreciated that!

Room Tip: The suites are great and not much more than a standard room. You have space to move arouond.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This historic hotel is the former City Club for the likes of Rockefeller and Carnegie. It has very modern furnishings and artwork while preserving the historic details of the building. It was very comfortable and convenient. The staff had a proactive, positive, cheerful attitude. All of them! The shuttle took us anywhere within a 2 mile radius so we were able to easliy get the museums and picked up again. The Cleveland Clinic, the Universities and the RTA are all within easy reach. We had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: They still allow smoking rooms so be sure to request non smoking if you want it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends