“Delicious and Fresh”

Dining options: Reservations
Next to water
“Delicious and Fresh”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stopped by for lunch the other day and had a great meal. My friend got the "bento bac" which is basically your choice of 3 or 4 items (price changes) served in a bento box so they are smaller portions. This is nice because you get to sample many items. She got the tom yum soup, green papaya salad, bahn mi and the last item I cannot remember! She liked all of her items, but she thought the bahn mi was a little hard and dry.

I ordered the grilled pork chop. Yummy familiar flavors of other Vietnamese preparations I've had. The rice was plentiful but a tad bit dry but the pork chop made up for it. I would order this again.

I got a bahn mi to go and mine was good, not dry at all. I like the one at Superior Pho a bit better because the bread is better and I didn't care for the mayo looking spread on my veggies. But overall very fresh and tasty.

I've also had the kimchi noodles. Very garlicky and pungent of real kimchi so dabblers of Americanized kimchi should beware. If you like clear glass noodles then this is your dish. You can add any type of protein to this as well.

I will return to try even more dishes!

• Visited October 2013

Austin, Texas
“Outdoor Dining and Fine Food”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Five of us had a late lunch at this small bistro while in Cleveland. The food was very good and the portions were very large (maybe a little too large). The service was very good and outdoor seating was really pleasant. I'd go back again.

• Visited July 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Eh... so so”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Eh... not that great.

Service was so so slow, employees were nice but very slow.

Food was good, certainly not bad, but nothing special, just average Asian cuisine, similar to what you could get at any old take out place.

Seemed sort of dirty and dark, uncomfortable seating. Overpriced for what you get.

• Visited June 2013
Mount Vernon, Ohio
“Loved it!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Wasn't quite sure what to expect. Found this restaurant on A Christmas Story House website, it is close by. We were a party of four on a Saturday early evening. Sweet potato fries and edamame for appetizers, both were delicious. Basil fried rice with tofu for dinner was absolutely delicious! I cannot stress this enough. Everyone enjoyed their main dish. Fried ice cream and spicy brownie for dessert fabulous too. Excellent drink menu here too. So impressed with this place. Can't wait to plan another trip back.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank everyday_is_a_trip
Ohio, United States
“Average food + bad attitudes = my money somewhere else”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Our first trip was fairly decent. Very nice selection of beer, wine, and cocktails. The food was freshly prepared, although the level of spice in some of the dishes was unknown to serving staff, leaving my mouth warmer than anticipated. However, the price was fair, and there was a good variety of dishes. The decor was very nice, although for a slow night, the place had an echo that made it easy to hear everyone else's conversation, but left me unable to hear my wife well. All in all, not a bad trip, and we thought we'd give it another chance...

Our second trip to Bac, we were meeting some friends there for a reservation. Again, similar story: decent food, drinks, etc. However, this time the place was nearly completely full. When our friends arrived we had to nearly put our heads together to have any sort of discussion. Our food came out on time, and was good. A bit later in the evening, a good friend of ours stopped by. By this time the place was winding down, but still active in service. And here's where it fell apart on us...

Our table wanted just a 2nd round of drinks (not a 3rd, or 4th). We asked our server if this was possible. She said that would be fine, and let us know that the restaurant was closing at 11pm (it was about 10:20 pm when we asked for one more round), but that "...you can stay as long as you like!" , but that she only needed to cash out so she could leave. "Okay. Fair enough." we all agreed after getting our drinks. Then around 10:50, I ask an employee (as he's putting up chairs all around us) if we should move to the bar, as it seemed they were LITERALLY closing up. He proceeded to very rudely and condescendingly tell me "We're closed. The kitchen's closed. The bar's closed. EVERYTHING IS CLOSED!"....

Not having completed our drinks, stunned, abashed, and confused at the lack of service, we left our drinks on the table, got up and left while the owner hurriedly flips on the lights and shuffles us to the door.

I gave the rating of "Poor" because I think the food was "decent" and the decor was nice. Nothing amazing, but not bad. However, as anyone in the restaurant industry will agree with, a utterly rude and incomprehensible ending to even the very best dining experience has the potential to ruin the whole thing. This is a perfect example of that.

Clearly, we won't be going back. Clearly, they're too busy to get out of there anyhow.

• Visited November 2012