“Cute and quiet taste of Italy.”
Review of IL Bacio - CLOSED

IL Bacio
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My sister and I were in town for a few days and we wanted to go to Little Italy. We heard good reviews about this restaurant, and we had a restaurant.com coupon to check it out. We made reservations (which is usually required because it is a small restaurant) It's a very cute and quiet location. We started with an eggplant appetizer which was excellent. My sister normally doesn't like eggplant, but she loved it. I ordered gnocchi, and my sister had a spinach and cheese ravioli with a gorgonzola cream sauce. If you aren't a fan of gorgonzola the taste might be a little strong for you, but everything was great! We ended with homemade cannoli's for dessert, they were delicious. Our server was very nice and explained all of the specials for the day and other things on the menu. I would go here again, and recommend my friends/family as well.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband made a reservation at this restaurant by accident and it turned out to be fantastic!... It's a very small place (about 10 tables) with a romantic, intimate feel. The owner was our waiter and he was a great help in suggesting the wines and entree selections. He told us that they would make anything we wanted even if it wasn't on the menu. The food was fantastic and the service outstanding. We will most definitely be back!!!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Absolutely the best Italian food in Cleveland. Antonio makes things the way you want it - the menu is just a guide.

If you want a differnt sauce on your pasta or differnt side dishes, he will do it.

And everything is fresh and authentic..Do not miss it if you are in Celveland; m,ke special trip to Little Italy to try this fantastic restaurant..

2  Thank Larry C
Reviewed September 19, 2012

First time there, and after reading reviews agreed with many others, the food was good but not in anyway exceptional! My husband was born in Italy and so we always love to visit local Italian restaurants. Unfortunately IL Bacio did not make the grade! Two salads, with pasta specials and a bottle of chianti was $200.00! Amazingly overpriced!! Will not be going back!

1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We dined at Il Bacio because it was recommended by a local shop owner in the neighborhood.
She said "They treat you like Royalty at Il Bacio and she was right" They Do!

The restaurant is small, but it has a cozy feeling.
Upon arrival you notice immediately the white tin ceiling and a big picture window that overlooks the busy Murray Hill neighborhood.
There are tiled floors, crisp white tablecloths and a small mirrored mahogany bar complete with photos of celebrity diners.
Ceramic Italian plates decorate the walls as artwork.
Some flowers or table candles would help give it a little more ambience but it has a great genuine feeling anyway.

The owner Antonino visited our table with his welcoming gestures & his effervescent personality that is contagious. This really sets the tone because he makes you feel like he is there to just make you COMFORTABLE & HAPPY. Antonino comes from Palermo, near Sicily and is a pure delight!

We began with appetizers & here is our take:
The caprese salad had market fresh tomatoes with flavorful olive oil and tender mozzarella slices - as good as you get in Italy.
The Cozze Con Pomodoro - are soft & succulent mussels sauteed in olive oil, they were tender, fresh & very flavorful mussels immersed in a white wine herb tomato sauce - the Italian version of the French classic: but every bit as good.

The special offering was a beet salad and it was a fabulous mixed green salad with pine nuts, crumbled gorgonzola and a vinaigrette dressing - if you like beets it doesn't get any better.

We also enjoyed the Antipasto Misto with provolone, gorgonzola, salami, artichokes, chopped sun dried tomatoes & olives.
The Antipasto Misto was OK- the olives were not the green castelvetrano olives I am used to - and the dish had a bit too much olive oil & not nearly enough sun dried tomatoes - it was good - just not great.

Onto our dinners which were all mouth watering delicious.

I enjoyed the Tortellini alla Bolognese: The tender almost fluffy tortellini is stuffed with sauteed veal delicately surrounded by a rich thick creamy tomato sauce. It has so many layers of savory flavors that each bite made you want the next bite to happen all the more.

My husband enjoyed Scampi over linguini and he kept exclaiming these "giant scampi taste just like lobster" - need I say more?

The pasta seafood dish had marinara sauce, tender sauteed (not fried) calamari with soft creamy scallops & mussels. This dish was fresh & generous in size, very full in flavor & superbly presented - I'll have to try that next time.

Another diner enjoyed the Gnocchi with a basil tomato sauce - he loved it - and wanted more. He exclaimed it tasted homemade & was very flavorful.

The wine selection is quite good and we couldn't get enough of the Sangiovese recommended to us by our waiter.

Antonino then gratuitously sent our table a round of the best Limoncello liqeur in beautiful small stemmed goblets.
We loved his generousity and spirit.

The tiramasu for dessert is a bowl full of the best freshest creamy tiramasu you will ever find. It was heavenly.

Yes, we will come back to this restaurant again and again and again.
You should give it a visit too. You won't be disappointed.

Arrivederci!