“Horrible rushed yet slow service”

Encore at the Wyndham Playhouse Square
Ranked #694 of 1,867 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Encore and Blue Bar are located inside the Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare. We offer Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Our proximity to the theater district make us a great spot for pre-theater dining. Our all you can eat lunch buffet is the the fastest and best lunch in the district. Blue Bar offers 1/2 price beverages and appetizers, Monday - Friday, 4:30pm-7:00pm.
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had tickets for the 7 pm showing of The Nutcracker. We made reservations at Encore at 5 to give us time for a relaxed meal. They sat us promptly but didn't come back to take our drink order for 10 minutes. There was alot of chaos in the room, rushing around, supervisor spouting orders to servers. Since the restaurant had just opened it was not yet full so we could hear the conversations between the staff. They were preparing a table for a party of 10 which seemed to have several servers frantic. It took 10 more minutes to get a glass of wine and a mixed drink, but the party of 10 already had bread on their table. Now we're nervous because we've sat for 20 min and there are only drinks on the table. The salads were underdressed and the croutons were stale. My husband ordered the 8oz steak med rare and I ordered the ravioli. 35 min later a server brings 2 fish entrees which of course we send back. By this time we could really use 2 more cocktails but all of the attention was being lavished on the party of 10 table who were now eating their entrees. We order more drinks and again 10 min before they arrive. Finally our entrees arrive. 1 star on plating, it looked sloppy. My husbands steak was rare instead of the requested med rare and I could've made the ravioli with frozen pasta and a jar of sauce at home. And finally..we get the bread. Without time constraints I normally wouldn't hesitate to send back an item I wasn't happy with and spoke to the manager regarding the service. We simply did not have time to send food back to the kitchen or wait for a manager given the delays we'd already experienced. Perhaps the restaurant should consider opening at 4 or 4:30 to make the dining experience more relaxed for those with 7pm show tickets? Very disappointing experience, will definately stay at The Wyndham again, but next time we'll go to an earlier show and explore Cleveland's other fine restaurants.

1  Thank DeDe N

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

After an afternoon at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame my husband and I were starving so we decided to eat at the hotel. Good choice! The clam chowder was outstanding. I had the cashew encrusted salmon..very good! Prices are a little steep but we were happy with the quality of the meal.

1  Thank Judy K
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Marta was our server and was very helpful and extremely nice. Great food and experience. My wife and I just wanted a late night snack and we were treated terrific. Loved the Clam Chowder.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Server Marta was extremely nice and courteous and served me and my family fantastic food. I had the New York Strip steak and it was as delicious as could be.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

The food was excellent. My wife and I had not tasted anything quite like this. Excellent seasoning and sides. The decor and setting enhanced the dining experience. Our server, Marta, was amiable and helpful when it came to suggesting entrees. She made the dining experience very enjoyable. She was also very attentive to our needs (more water, beverages) during the meal. We would definitely dine here again if we are in the area..