“Great food; great service”

Encore at the Wyndham Playhouse Square
Ranked #741 of 1,835 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Encore and Blue Bar are located inside the Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare. We offer Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Our proximity to the theater district make us a great spot for pre-theater dining. Our all you can eat lunch buffet is the the fastest and best lunch in the district. Blue Bar offers 1/2 price beverages and appetizers, Monday - Friday, 4:30pm-7:00pm.
Bridgeport
“Great food; great service”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The food was excellent. My wife and I had not tasted anything quite like this. Excellent seasoning and sides. The decor and setting enhanced the dining experience. Our server, Marta, was amiable and helpful when it came to suggesting entrees. She made the dining experience very enjoyable. She was also very attentive to our needs (more water, beverages) during the meal. We would definitely dine here again if we are in the area..

Burnsville, MN
“Difficult to find something to eat due to bad jaw with appliances.”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Marta, my server talked to me about options that I could eat. She was concerned that a chicken breast which I asked aout would be too hard to chew. I told her I would try it. She brought a wondeful meal. She requested that the chef cut up the chicken in little pieces and put it on top of mashed potatoes with a light sauce. All the vegetables, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, etc. were also cut small. Everything was very tender and I was able to eat everything and it was delicious.

There aren't many people like Marta. She listened to my challenges and thought out how she could make sure I could eat and enjoy my meal with my challenging jaw.

I love people ike Marta. I don't think there are many like her.

Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Blue Bar lounge at Encore Wyndham”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stopped in at the Wyndham for appetizers and drinks before heading over to Palace theatre last night. We didn't have time for full dinner so we sat in lounge. The service was terrible. We sat at a table that hadn't been cleared of drink glasses but were told someone would be right over to help us. After waiting for about 10 min.without a server coming by, my husband went up to bar to order for our table of 4. He waited there another 5-10 min (there were a total of 6 people seated at bar) in the mean time my friend had cleared our table herself by moving the dirty glasses to the empty table next to us. Then finally the unpleasant waitress came to take our food order. One of us wanted a second drink, and she never came back to check on us so again we had to walk up to the bar. While at the bar my friend heard the same rude waitress tell a couple that the reason why their appetizer wasn't up yet was because our table ate it. What? We happened to order the same thing. Why would she tell a customer that? Weird? On a good note the appetizers were great, no complaints on food or price.The lounge was not that crowded, no excuse for slow service. Will try different place for our next visit to Playhouse Square.

Owensboro, KY
“Good Food”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

The food here was really good. The chef Marty came to the table to ask us how the food was.Both the person that was with me and I had the smoked cheese ravioli. The food here is well worth the price and the service was great.

• Visited April 2012
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
“Great food”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

It's a small restaurant so we wondered about the food. We were surprised. The food was a little expensive but delicious. Service was excellent. Spoil yourself.

Visited March 2012