“Well beyond expectations”

Encore at the Wyndham Playhouse Square
Ranked #665 of 1,881 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Encore and Blue Bar are located inside the Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare. We offer Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Our proximity to the theater district make us a great spot for pre-theater dining. Our all you can eat lunch buffet is the the fastest and best lunch in the district. Blue Bar offers 1/2 price beverages and appetizers, Monday - Friday, 4:30pm-7:00pm.
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We ordered offerings from the Lounge menu and the dinner menu. My wife's smoked chicken corn chowder was deeply flavored and oh so rich...a meal in itself. She topped that off with a crabcake which was equally good. I tried a half order of the tempura mushrooms with aiola-a full order would be enough for a meal. The flavors were outstanding. Unfortunately my eyes were bigger than my stomach and I had the papparadelle with shrimp and chorizo. It couldn't be prepared better-anywhere, and I could not finish it.
Our server Annette kept things moving at a perfect pace...never rushing nor leaving us wondering where she was. A delightful dining experience.

1  Thank Col_Mustard1

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I can't believe this is in the top ten in Cleveland. The gumbo and crab cake starters were not great and the eight ounce steak was terrible. My wife's special smoked cheese ravioli looked from a can. The restaurant was empty. If its so good why is it empty

Reviewed January 15, 2012

We had a group of 11 for dinner. Our server was Brianna and she was wonderful. Our water and soda glasses were always full. She kept checking with our group to see if anything was needed. The Chef came out to meet us pre dinner and then again after we had eaten. The food was great and the service even better. So if you are in downtown Cleveland and looking for a wonderful place to have a super great dinner, go to the Encore at the Wyndham at Playhouse Square.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Every year a dozen or so family members get together for a meal and a play. We try to make it festive and special, since it's the only time all year we're all there. My wife and I checked out Encore before a play and spent a lot of time commenting on how great our meals were, and we decided to book it for our big family meal in December. We all met there before the production of A Christmas Carol and were not disappointed. On our first visit, the waitress was so proficient I hoped we would get her for our large group. Not to be, but Marta and Maggie took equally good care of us. Everyone loved it, and the hotel was decked out in Chritmas finery to add to the occasion--one we will not soon forget. Not inexpensive, but truly worth it, and not super-expensive.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

I'm fairly shocked to see this restaurant ranked so high. We went before a show and the service was very slow, which is an issue when you eating before the show. Most theater area restaurants are very good about this. The food was bland and overpriced. I would never got there again. Especially with Star just across the street.

1  Thank runningirl