“Seriously good food”

Encore at the Wyndham Playhouse Square
Ranked #627 of 1,875 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Encore and Blue Bar are located inside the Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare. We offer Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Our proximity to the theater district make us a great spot for pre-theater dining. Our all you can eat lunch buffet is the the fastest and best lunch in the district. Blue Bar offers 1/2 price beverages and appetizers, Monday - Friday, 4:30pm-7:00pm.
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Every year a dozen or so family members get together for a meal and a play. We try to make it festive and special, since it's the only time all year we're all there. My wife and I checked out Encore before a play and spent a lot of time commenting on how great our meals were, and we decided to book it for our big family meal in December. We all met there before the production of A Christmas Carol and were not disappointed. On our first visit, the waitress was so proficient I hoped we would get her for our large group. Not to be, but Marta and Maggie took equally good care of us. Everyone loved it, and the hotel was decked out in Chritmas finery to add to the occasion--one we will not soon forget. Not inexpensive, but truly worth it, and not super-expensive.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

I'm fairly shocked to see this restaurant ranked so high. We went before a show and the service was very slow, which is an issue when you eating before the show. Most theater area restaurants are very good about this. The food was bland and overpriced. I would never got there again. Especially with Star just across the street.

1  Thank runningirl
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Encore should not be looked upon as a typical hotel restaurant. It could be a stand alone restaurant. Karen our server was top notch and was a lot of fun. Chef Marty prepares the best Crab Cakes outside of Baltimore. A great place to dine before or after a show at Playhouse Square

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Stayed at the Wyndham Playhouse on October 29th while in town to see Tony Bennett. Actually made reservations at an establishment just down the street, but the trip advisor reviews were so consistently lackluster, I finally cancelled the reservations. I made reservations for Encore, mainly because of the convenience of not having to deal with driving/parking to go somewhere else.

We were seated promptly at our reservation time. I actually requested a different table as the first one we were shown was tucked in a dark corner. The hostess was agreeable and then offered us a window table in a side room. This was perfect and we ordered wine and an appetizer.

Nice decor, great lighting, very soft music and a neat urban vibe as we watched the foot traffic make its way to the theatre district.

Our server was very nice, possibly a little new to serving (in general) definitely new to the Encore and a bit flustered by a crowded Saturday evening in the theatre district. All in all, she provided adequate service, was genuinely friendly and was very concerned that we enjoyed our dining experience. (Just a little genuine concern covers a multitude of mistakes!)

Our meals were prepared pefectly. Great flavor, reasonable to generous portions. Thoughtful fresh sides and bold seasoning.

Price was reasonable for mid-high end dining and we would certainly dine here again.

2  Thank Stogie3786
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Last night I attended Encore's Oktoberfest and it was wonderful!!!! I felt like I was in a foodie movie. The creative and eclectic food presented by Chef Brozic was paired perfectly with beer from Great Lakes Brewing Company. I have attended many of the wine dinners and the quality and the way Chef takes typical foods and puts a marvelous twist on the taste is amazing. Can't wait for Thanksgiving.

1  Thank Judy R