“Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dante

Dante
Reserve with OpenTable
Dante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,835 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Literary
Shaker Heights, Ohio
“Bliss”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I just returned from a beautiful evening with my wound earful husband and good friends celebrating my 50th birthday at Dante, I couldn't been any happier, the food and service are just outstanding. The atmosphere is relaxed, yet sophisticated. I loved the lighting, very warm and inviting. The art glass chandelier was just beautiful, reminded me if a great dale chihuli exhibit I was at in Seattle.

I don't need to add much to previous reviews about the food, simply spectacular. My personal favorite were our seafood appetizers, lobster gratin and Hawaiian tuna tatar.

I can't wait to return to try more. Thank you to everyone from the front end of the house to the talented kitchen. You gave me a very special day, very much appreciated.

• Visited January 2014

“A fantastic dining experience”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

This has to be one of the most amazing meals & dining experiences we've ever had. We decided to get the special tasting menu - my husband had 7 courses, & I had 5, paired with wine for each course. It's hard to describe the food because it was so unique, so the best way to describe it was that every course was a different explosion of tastes, paired perfectly with wine that enhanced every bite. We started with salmon that was prepared 4 different ways, then moved on to scallops, pork, beef, and chocolate courses. My husband ordered the 7 course, so in between he had 2 other special treats. Our waiter, who was fantastic in describing the delights of each course and extremely attentive to every detail, made sure I had a plate for sharing each extra course of my husband's. This dinner was a special treat that I recommend for any special occasion - the restaurant more than lived up to its reputation, and we will be back!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Geauga61
United States
“Simply amazing”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I visited restaurant for the first time in 2012. On my return visit to Cleveland for an overnight trip, I knew exactly where I was going for dinner. The food is superb, so is the service. It was as good as I remembered it being on my first visit. SO. YUM. Funky atmosphere, great food and service. They do everything right!

• Visited May 2013
Pelham, New York
“Great and inventive food - nice wine list too”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I have been to Dante twice. Both times the food was excellent. Service is friendly and efficient. We were seated promptly and tried many of the items on the menu as both times there were 6 of us. Particularly outstanding were the soups - all three of them, the roasted vegetable salad and the carnaroli rice with blood oranges. For vegetarians the vegetable pot pie was terrific but huge. Share it with someone. Also excellent were the phyllo box of mushrooms and the calamari. The wine list offers lots of choices at reasonable prices. The selection of Italian wines was particularly well done.
I recommend this place very highly and will be back.

• Visited December 2013
Pelham, New York
“Fantastic, adventurous Italian food”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We have been here twice while visiting our daughter in Cleveland, both times with superb results. The food is impeccable, not exactly "Traditional Italian" (chunky tomato soup with chickpeas and chestnuts) in all aspects, but enough tradition to please even the most particular (home cured meats, divine pastas with braised pork ragu or bolognese sauce.) Wine list is superb and very well priced. Many items come in 3 sizes (tasting, appetizer and main) but beware the main course portions are HUGE. For many people two appetizer portions are more than enough food! Staff is very friendly and helpful, atmosphere is informal. A wonderful restaurant and an excellent value for the money, though not inexpensive - reservations essential.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank travelingmom53

Been to Dante? Share your experiences!