WINNER WONDERLAND

Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lakeshore Blvd.
Transit: Cleveland RTA line #39 picks up and drops off at the end of our driveway.
Larchmont NY
“Terrific restaurant in Cleveland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

So far, this is the best restaurant I've been to in Cleveland. It's a ways out of town, but its proximity to Lake Erie more than compensates for the drive. Set in a verdant park rolling down to the lake, and affording a spectacular view of the sun setting over its western rim, the restaurant itself displays a Rockefeller type luxury. The food is highly inventive--especially the main courses--and delicious. I chose pork chops with apple slaw and three sweet potato waffles; my son had the roast duck, and my daughter-in-law, the "mac and cheese" with chicken breast. The portions are Ohio-sized, and you may not be able to finish them (in which case the staff will be happy to box the leftovers for you). Save room for dessert. The crème brulée was the best I've ever had. The tables are spaced a decent distance apart and the noise level is relatively low, so it's possible to enjoy each other's conversation and company. Only a few dead flies on the radiator cover behind our table detracted from an almost perfect experience.
Reservations are definitely needed, as Americano is on the ground floor of one of two condominium towers, and the park is gated; your reservation will be checked when you arrive.

• Visited May 2014

Cleveland, Ohio
“Great food, good bargain for a white tablecloth place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

We have eaten here twice and it has already become one of our favorite restaurants in the Cleveland area. It is a good bargain for a white tablecloth place. Some of their entrees are under $20. They seem to always have a long list of interesting specials. This time, I had one of the specials: blackened tilapia ($16), my wife had the Long Island duck ($23) and our friend had another special: scallops in a delicious sauce. I tasted a bit of everything and it was all very good to excellent. Their wine list is very good and reasonably priced. We had an excellent bottle of white Bordeaux for $25. The last time we had a bottle of wine this good in Cleveland it was $35. The service is also excellent. When the weather gets better they will put tables on the patio but I don't know if you can see the lake from there. However, the ambiance inside is very nice and it is not noisy. The place doesn't seem to have a sign. Just pass the guard house and turn left. Tell the person in guard house that you are going to the restaurant. It is on the first floor of the first building on the left. I recommend that you go to this place before too many people find out about it and it becomes too crowded.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank NickAndPaloma
Akron, Ohio
“My all-time favorite restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I am a little biased, as my SO lived in Bratenahl for a spell. We were lucky enough to live close enough to become regulars. I've eaten just about everywhere, and always want to come back home to Americano. The chef has endless talent and imagination, and the host, Cole, has a very keen eye for service and presentation. The food is always surprising and delicious and carefully thought-out, and the service is always flawless. We prefer eating in the bar, as talking to the locals provides more entertainment than you might expect from a little hidden gem. Two of my top five meals have been at this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Americano Cleveland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

One of our top 2 favorite area restaurants. Elegant but comfortable. Noise level is always good - we can carry on a normal conversation. Food is excellent - a good variety and unique. Service is outstanding, and we especially enjoy Brian Carter. A little pricey but worth it- we have never been disappointed! We try to get there every 4-6 weeks.

• Visited December 2013
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
“Americano offers great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We had a wonderful meal at Americano. The service was excellent. The menu is varied--from burgers to meatloaf to upscale offerings. The portions are generous. Americano is on our list of favorites.

Visited October 2013