“Definitely 4, maybe 5”
Review of Ristorante Chinato

Ristorante Chinato
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Chinato is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 1,867 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prospect
Description: Located in the East Fourth Street Entertainment District in Cleveland, Ohio, Chinato is the newest addition to Chef Zack Bruell's lineup of award-winning and delicious restaurants. Chinato features simple Italian cuisine at affordable prices.
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stopped in here after we couldn't get reservations at Lola Bistro across the street, and were very glad it worked out this way. The food was spot on from start to finish -- excellent bread (they get it from a bakery they highly recommend, "On the Rise," I believe), served with peppery olive oil, delivered to the table almost immediately. After that, we had the day's special, lamb breast, and walleye fillet on a fried cod cake, both served with wonderfully fresh, full-flavored vegetables. The fish was out-of-the-lake fresh; even the skin tasted fresh (true test, for me). Decided to add dessert, and what a treat that was: cornmeal-lemon cake (with a lemon syrup, I think) and a silky, incredibly perfect lemon gelato on top -- huge portion, definitely designed for two! The server said it had been listed in the local paper as one of the "top 50 things not to miss" in the city. I might rate it up near the top of that list! Service was fast and efficient, and the atmosphere was very pleasant: upscale, sophisticated, just-enough-light-without-being-too-bright... we'd definitely try it again. And if you're staying at the Residence Inn on Prospect, it's about a 3-minute walk. (Forgot to mention the wine -- nice selection by the glass, and reasonable prices.)

1  Thank Peggy O

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had no rez but walked in with another couple and sat at the bar. The barkeep was a young woman named Anna who helped make the evening fun, while she poured wines specifically to the taste preferences of our friends. The salads and entrees were all really good, and the cheese board was beautifully presented for 3 choices which quickly morphed to 5 choices...because who could chose? The atmosphere was friendly and fun, and the food far from ordinary. Do it!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Dined here for wife's birthday. We were attended to promptly and service throughout the evening was excellent, bread provided, drinks arrived promptly, food delivered hot and without extended wait time. Wine selection was excellent, pricey but worthwhile. Appetizer was risotto balls, were crisp and tasty. Wife had the special, a mild white fish (can't recall it's name) and it was superb, side of summer squash was exceptional. I had the scallops and they were finished spicy - excellent and just to my liking. Ended the meal by sharing a tiramisu quite filling and exceeded expectation. This place is very classy, you pay a bit more but on occasion it is well worth while. We'll be back.

1  Thank J_J320
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Like many of Zac Bruell's restaurants, Chinato offers a unique twist on the Italian theme with innovative combinations of classic and contemporary ingredients. This makes for a dining experience that pushes many beyond their culinary comfort zones, but almost always to their benefit. I've been to Chinato many times and have come away happy every time. For some reason, however, I feel as though I have yet to experience something that really leaves me yearning to come back for that signature dish.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Great restaurant on 4th. I had the brick chicken which was an explosion of taste and my husband had a special ravioli. We also had the fried artichokes which I had never seen before. I highly recommend this restaurant.....reasonable with cost of appetizer, 2 entrees with wine and dessert and coffee under $100.

3  Thank kshultz