“Exceptional Italian Food”
Review of Ristorante Chinato

Ristorante Chinato
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Chinato is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 1,912 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prospect
Description: Located in the East Fourth Street Entertainment District in Cleveland, Ohio, Chinato is the newest addition to Chef Zack Bruell's lineup of award-winning and delicious restaurants. Chinato features simple Italian cuisine at affordable prices.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Service was world class. Food was very good. Recommended to me by a winemaker. The fresh sardine appetizer was just great!!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Brought a client from out of town to Chinato on a Wednesday evening. I wanted to take her to one of Cleveland's best chef's, Zack Bruell, and we were not disappointed. We were fortunate to have the Independent Restaurants' Week menu to order from and 2 of us order a 3 course meal. I started with an apple, celery and fennel salad which was delicious, my guest had a cucumber salad, equally good. I had the market fish which was cooked to perfection over a bed of root vegetables and potatoes while my guest had hanger steak. Two others at my table ordered off the regular menu, starting with Octopus salads and ordering walleye and scallops. All were cooked perfectly. This is a perfect place to entertain clients, with a vibrant scene on E. 4th Street.

1  Thank ilre12345
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The setting was amazing, the service was top notch, yet the food was very simple and bland. I selected the lamb stew and was unimpressed. It wasn't bad by any means, it was just good. Everyone at my table had the Sam response to all of their entrees as well. We went he when the Greenhouse wait was 45 mins. Next time I may wait the 45 mins

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I've eaten here several times, because it is close to my office, and one of my colleagues likes one of their dishes. I've never had a good meal, but this last one was awful. I ordered scallops with roasted potatoes. The scallops were not cleaned (gritty), and the potatoes were barely cooked. The waiter didn't even ask why I hadn't eaten the food. Add to all of this, the servers interrupted our conversation many times. I had to keep asking for drink refills and sweetener. This restaurant is overrated, and with so many good restaurants nearby it is a wonder it is still operating.

1  Thank Jamma61
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I went here before a play at Playhouse Square. The menu was full of items that were unfamiliar to us, and the waiter was very good at explaining them. Ultimately we took his recommendation between a couple of items we picked out, and we were pleased with the choices. The portions were large, so we ended up taking home leftovers. Overall, it's a pleasant place for dinner.