“Very good food, excellent service”
Review of Ristorante Chinato

Ristorante Chinato
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Chinato is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 1,875 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prospect
Description: Located in the East Fourth Street Entertainment District in Cleveland, Ohio, Chinato is the newest addition to Chef Zack Bruell's lineup of award-winning and delicious restaurants. Chinato features simple Italian cuisine at affordable prices.
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I went here before a play at Playhouse Square. The menu was full of items that were unfamiliar to us, and the waiter was very good at explaining them. Ultimately we took his recommendation between a couple of items we picked out, and we were pleased with the choices. The portions were large, so we ended up taking home leftovers. Overall, it's a pleasant place for dinner.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had a wonderful dinner here - probably the best salad I have ever had and a wonderful pasta dish (the Pappardelle with creamed cauliflower, pecorino and peperoncini). The special salad (not on the regular menu) had greens, pickled onions, mozzarella and croutons in a unique viagrette. The service was excellent - the server, and folks that cleared plates and gave us focaccia were very attentive.

1  Thank cls4
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a large party and they did an excellent job. We had two servers that were very attentive and had a manager come over to go over the menu with us. It was a wonderful experience and everything was good. We ordered multiple appetizers (the sweetbread was my favorite) and I also had the opportunity to try multiple entree's. The gnocchi really stood out for me. I would recommend this to anyone and I look forward to trying Zach Bruell's other restaurants in town.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Nice atmosphere and good value. My colleagues and I enjoyed soup and salad before our main course. We opted to do two of the appetizer size servings of the entree selections so we could try more than one item that sounded good. I had the ravioli which were amazing and the seafood cannelloni which were wonderful as well. We didn't have room for dessert but can't imagine it being any less impressive. Awesome find. Parking was a little challenging, valet was available near by for $8.

1  Thank Terri D
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We decided to try Chinato's because the restaurant across the street was too crowded. The result was a great dining experience, far better than we could have enjoyed at our first choice. Dining without reservations on a Friday night, we were accommodated immediately. The menu options were extensive; you will find something you like. We started with some very hearty soups. The ravioli with pork, veal, zucchini and shiitake mushrooms were outstanding; the small portion was enough. The Fettuccine Carbonara was enjoyable. The Beef Braised in Amarone was tender and full of flavor.

1  Thank gerard D