“Awesome on all levels !!!”
Review of AMP 150

AMP 150
Reserve with OpenTable
AMP 150 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 1,844 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: This is a brand-new restaurant located in the Cleveland Airport Marriott. It's amazing and worth a review!
Phila Area
“Awesome on all levels !!!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

It's been awhile since I have been excited to write a review, but AMP 150 did it.
It is located inside the airport Marriott, easy to get to. I actually walked from another hotel to check it out.

First off, the atmosphere is just my speed. Keeping with the Cleveland rock and roll hall of fame theme, they have a small Fender amp at the hostess station. Nice touch! They have background music at just the right volume. Soft enough that it does not interfere with your conversation, but turned up enough that you can jam out to it if you want to. Classic rock - Foreigner, Eagles, Springsteen, Boston, early Elton John, etc. It is set just off the Marriott lobby in with a big open, modern yet semi-casual layout.

Now the food. AMP 150 has an interesting menu. If you are a pure meat and potato guy, they have a steak on the menu for you. Burgers too. But they have some interesting dishes in a broad price range. They have a every changing menu with a lot of health options. I choose the Jumbo Shrimp that did not disappoint. It was served with ginger cilantro rice and some kicking, kimchi apple slaw they call it. The kimachi put it over the top.
Also, I started with a small house salad, that was not on the menu, but was suggested by the waitress. Very fresh with a nice house vinaigrette. Keep that in mind if you don't see any appetizers you want.

Service was great. My waitress was very attentive and the server reminded me of a top notch ball girl at a tennis match, ready to spring into action at just the right time.

All in all, I am very glad I made the trek over the AMP 150. Highly recommended to anyone who is looking for something fresh and different. AMP 150 gets an A+ rating from me.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MasterTravelMan

DEPEW
“Nice food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Went for dinner and did not need reservations, and dress was casual. We ordered the Braised Short Ribs and they were really good. The portion size was more than adequate and not overly priced. A definite re-do for us on a return trip to Cleveland.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank guns105
Oberlin, Ohio
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a farm to table restaurant that we didn't know existed, and we have been driving by its location in the Marriott Hotel for years. Don't drive by, stop and give it a try. The menu is creative, the wait staff knowledgable and attentive, and the food is very good. My husband would go back for the Milk Chocolate Pana Cotta alone. I can't wait to return when we can sample some of the herbs and vegetables harvested from their onsite garden.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Sue S
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent Customer Service From BILL & LISA”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

After a long day of travel, the night before, I finally got in my hotel room and bed well after midnight. That resulted in a late start the next morning. I never skip breakfast, as I was taught "breakfast is the most important meal of the day." The next morning, once I woke up, I had less than 30 minutes to make it to AMP 150 before the breakfast buffet was taken down at 10:00 AM, and that included me getting dressed and walking to the lobby. Needless to say, I arrived at the restaurant approximately 10:01 and the breakfast buffet area had closed and the chef was taking things down. I love buffets because they offer a "variety" to the "selective eater." I asked the waitress that greeted me, LISA, if it was possible to still get the buffet. She said with a warm smile, "they have already began to take it down but let's check," as walked toward the area with me following.. She opened the door to the area where the buffet was usually set and proceeded to ask the chef (BILL), which was taking things down, if it was still okay for me to have the buffet. Without hesitation Bill, from the Omelette Station, said ABSOLUTELY!!! Wow!!! What a greeting and smooth transaction..from both Lisa & Bill.

Today is Thursday, and I have a motto that "Thursday is THANKFUL THURSDAY." With that said I would like to express a BIG THANK YOU TO BILL & LISA for their absolutely EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. They went above and beyond to ensure that I was taken care of and did it with a smile and excellence in customer service.

The Omelette that Bill prepared for me at the Omelette Station was absolutely "awesome." Just the way I would have made it at home, including with the love and extra care. Bill, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! The selection on the buffet was great (fresh fruit, salmon with the works, cereal, omelette made to order, waffles, and so much more).

The atmosphere of the restaurant is also excellent. The decor is beautiful and up to date...lovely. I was able to have my nice breakfast in a lovely atmosphere and still do a little work, as there is also "free wifi." What a great way to start your day...and BILL & LISA made my day start awesome on Thankful Thursday!!! Thanks BILL & LISA!!!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jeanniene
Parma Ohio
“NOT typical Hotel Resautant fare, FAR BETTER!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

AMP150 always offers a very nice selection of meal options. Large plates, Small plates and all seasonal. The menu changes often enough for us to visit often and enjoy their food and great service. It is most fun to sample several small plates (or appetizers if you like) and taste a wide range of the chef's fare than to have a "usual" meal. The options are by no means typical either. On top of this you can sit in the lounge, be treating exceptionally well by the bar staff, watch the passers by in the lobby and have card tricks performed by Magic, one of the bar tenders (if he's on duty). I always had ill thoughts of "Hotel Food" until AMP 150. We visit as often as we can!

• Visited January 2013