“Wonderful, cosy, little jewel in Cleveland!”
Review of Velvet Tango Room

Velvet Tango Room
Ranked #142 of 1,881 Restaurants in Cleveland
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Fist time visit and we were impressed! What a great and cosy place! The service was impeccable, the waitress had great recommendations and the drinks were just wonderful! This is not a dancing, party place - it is the perfect place to have a drink before dinner; the music is not too loud, you can talk without shouting and there is an elegant, old money feel to the bar. Really a nice place! Pricy drinks (give and take 18.00$ / drink) but worth every sip! Santé!

2  Thank UnVentdeFolie

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I've read about the Velvet Tango in Les Roberts mystery novels and have heard people talk about it here and there, but for some reason never made it there. Get ready to spend a little more on a cocktail than you are probably used to, but it is worth every penny. The Bourbon Daisy was the best booze experience I've ever had! :) You won't regret your trip.

2  Thank JillCleveland_Ohio
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We recently took a party of 8 to the VTR for before-dinner cocktails. It was a snowy, almost blizzard-like day. We called ahead of time to inquire if the VTR was going to be open and were assured that they would be. Even though the VTR usually doesn't take reservations for anything but the private room in back, they allowed us to book our large party. Once we arrived we were warmly greeted and promptly shown to our area - overstuffed chairs & couches around a cocktail table. Our server was friendly, efficient, and helpful. This cocktail lounge is quite unique - old school, 1940's style atmosphere & drink menu. She guided our party through the menu and helped several of us with our choices. I was amazed at how quickly all of our drinks were ready - and they were uniformly great.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Terrible staff...no customer service, rude...I'm in shock because we've been there before...
Drinks might be made fresh...but be careful of fruit flies...gross!
And if you complain the staff turns nasty.
We ended up leaving with a bad taste in our mouths.
Age average is 50 and higher...what ever happened to this place....wow!!!!

1  Thank 007Lady
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have recently visited this place. I had higher expectations after reading many reviews. This place is nice, I will go again but it was not love at first sight. I love the music and service.
Age average was 40, women to men population was 70/30, very small place but I didn't see back party room.

1  Thank Maggie P