“Elegant dinning friendly service.”

L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,835 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ford Drive
Transit: The RTA Health Line bus stops in University Circle at E. 115th Street. L'Albatros is located approximately 3 blocks from the bus stop.
“Elegant dinning friendly service.”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

After Italian food the night before I thought I'd try French. This is an elegant place with a lot of wine choices. Unfortunately I wasn't choosing very wisely and didn't get the ultimate experience I was hoping for. The wine and food were good, with more familiarity with the selections it could be great. This trip was won by the Italians. I want to try again next time I'm in Cleveland.

Visited May 2014

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Overrated.”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have not been in this restaurant earlier, but based on its high rating (# 2 in Cleveland), I decided to take my out-of-town visitors to this restaurant. All 5 of us were very disappointed with it.
The food was average to not-tasty, the decor bland, the space crowded and noisy.
I have been in many much better restaurants in Cleveland, and can't understand how did this one score so highly. From now on I will not trust TripAdvisor's recommendations.

4 Thank eti_11
“Melts in your mouth!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I ordered Roasted Cod and my husband ordered a dish containing duck, sausage, and lamb. Of course we tried each other's meals. Everything was delicious. The flavors from the sauce mingled perfectly with the cod and the pasta. I enjoyed the dish tremendously. My husbands duck and sausage were both very good, but the lamb seriously just melted in my mouth. The restaurant is decorated with a contemporary feel, but feels warm. There are big open windows looking out onto a courtyard. L'Albatros looks, feels and tastes lovely! I can't wait to visit them again!

1 Thank Hshaner
Guelph, Ontario
“A wonderful prelude to a concert with the Cleveland Symphony”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife, her sister and husband and I had dinner at the Albatros Brasserie in Cleveland last week before attending a Cleveland Symphony concert at Severance Hall. L'Albatros was picked by our in-laws so we had not researched it on the internet (most of the time we would read Trip Advisor before choosing a place to eat). What we found was a revelation: atmosphere, paired with excellent food and attentive service. We will insist on eating at L'Albatros when we next go to a Cleveland Symphony concert.

1 Thank Francis T
Toronto, Canada
“C'est manifique”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We arrived without reservations and were quickly seated. The service was impeccable. My water glass was never empty and my plate was never without bread. The food was tasty and full of so many delicious flavors. The onion soup was good but not the best I have ever had but the entrees and the dessert made up for it. Would defiantly come back.

1 Thank rands23