“Great French Bistro”

L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,862 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: French, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ford Drive
Transit: The RTA Health Line bus stops in University Circle at E. 115th Street. L'Albatros is located approximately 3 blocks from the bus stop.
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My wife and I ate here three times during a recent visit to Cleveland. We loved this restaurant. The charcuterie platter was scrumptious (especially the chicken liver mousse); the frisee salad with lardons and poached eggs was conforting; the cassoulet with braised white beans with lamb, duck confit and sausage to die for; the skate wings were good and the roasted cod with spaetzle, sauerkraut, creme fraiche and cornichon aoli was one of the best cod preparations that I have ever had. The only dish that did not hit a home run was the braised leeks with mustard sauce, which was uninspiring.

The restaurant has a cozy, inviting atmosphere with a number of roooms, one with a roaring fire that warmed the soul on a cold December night. The service was attentive and friendly.

1  Thank ankiandlarry
There are newer reviews for L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Great food and service. Very attentive staff. Fabulous wine list. The Daily specials you can't miss with. Atmosphere was spot on. Would go back tomorrow.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

this little place is tucked away near a wendy's and behind the glidden inn. it features contemporary decor, and cozy seating.

my wife's almond crusted fish was very good, as was her artichoke appetizer which featured a very large, fleshy specimen. my appetizer, the chef's terrine, was very generous although the pate was chunky and did not have much flavor. i also had the cassoulet which was quite generous but very salty (the chef would probably have noticed had they tasted the dish).

given this, i would say that the food quality is spotty, and will depend greatly on what you order (and probably who prepared it).

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Great food. We the Split Pea Soup - extremely good. For the main course - Chicken Breast with carmelized fennel - very very good. The potato mousseline with goat cheese was fantastic. Total for both of us (we split the meal) was with tip about $40. I would have rated it higher save for the SLOW service we had. Our waiter was good - when he was around. It took us 20 minutes just to get some water - but we never ran out of bread.

2  Thank GSadler20
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This restaurant is really interesting, because it is divided up into different rooms and nooks. The lights are turned way down, but it creates a very romantic atmosphere. We had a wonderful waiter named Jacob, who didn't mind going into detail on the dishes, and was attentive to our requests. Every course served in a timely fashion. My boyfriend had the steamed artichoke appetizer, trimmed and served with a delightful lemon sauce. I enjoyed the soup of the day, a roasted red pepper and sweet potato soup garnished with parmesan and flavored olive oil. Simply fabulous. Jacob helped me decide which of two entrees to order, and I was so pleased with the chicken breasts in a goat cheese sauce garnished with caramelized fennel. My boyfriend had the tip steak, sliced thin over spaghetti squash in a heavenly wine sauce, the entree special that night. At first I thought my chicken was undercooked, and right away a manager was summoned to our table who turned the lights up so that I could show her what I was seeing, but it turned out it was cooked just fine - maybe the reddish tint to the brick room made it look pink! I was really impressed how they handled this. For dessert, we split the flan, served with caramel sauce and berries. It was heavenly. It is no wonder that this is the highest rated restaurant in Cleveland. They offer 21 entrees!!