WINNER WONDERLAND

“Great Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar

L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,822 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ford Drive
Transit: The RTA Health Line bus stops in University Circle at E. 115th Street. L'Albatros is located approximately 3 blocks from the bus stop.
Willoughby, Ohio
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent restaurant with a great menu. The service was great and the prices very reasonable. The cheese and meat plate was huge.

Visited October 2013

Orrville, Ohio
“Anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Well within walking distance of Glidden House. We were seated promptly even though we didn't have reservations. My husband had the best swordfish he has ever had in along time. I had the chicken breast with potatoes mousselline. Very attentive waitstaff, constantly refilling our bread plates and refilling water glasses.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Armchairmapper
Chardon
“Anniversary & birthday dinner ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Not only was the food outstanding but the service was fantastic. We had reservations, which are a must here. Within a minute of walking in, we were greeted wonderfully, and taken to our seats. The server had outstanding knowledge of the food & the wine offered. He made some great recommendations, which included a duck appetizer special. Right down to the coffee, we were truly impressed. Thanks to trip advisor, we started a superb night out at this highly recommended establishment!

1 Thank NiesyD
Pinckney, Michigan
“Great happy hour menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have only tried their happy hour, so I'll speak to that. I am a student at the nearby university, so I went after class with a friend to have dinner from the happy hour. The food quality is fantastic! We loved everything we ordered. You have to sit at the bar area if you're having the happy hour menu, but there are also tables in the bar area so it just felt like a fancy restaurant experience for a fraction of the price.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Michelle B
SappiNY
“Great service and ambiance, extensive menu may be a flaw”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband took me here for the first time last week. I was definitely impressed by the service from the moment we walked in and throughout the meal, especially from the wait staff and the servers. I felt that some of the upper management people seemed a bit snooty, they were still friendly though. The food was good. The best part of our meal was this basil and tomato salad, some of the freshest tomatoes I have ever tasted! My husband's lemon tart for dessert was unimpressive. I tried a bit and the whipped topping was terrible! It tasted like raw egg whites and excess sugar. The tart itself was dry and lacking in flavor. He ordered the trout for his meal which was very light and not very flavorful. I got the braised beef in a mushroom reduction sauce with potatoes and turnips. It was very good! A bit heavy though. Overall I would go again for a nice occasion. The menu is really extensive, probably too extensive. If they focused on some key menu items and ensured they were out of this world, this place would be even better.

• Visited October 2013