“Fantastic atmosphere, great service, awesome cheese!”

L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,884 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: French, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ford Drive
Transit: The RTA Health Line bus stops in University Circle at E. 115th Street. L'Albatros is located approximately 3 blocks from the bus stop.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Cleveland. You MUST order the cheese board if you've are a cheese lover. The menu is not cheap but it is well worth the money. It's very romantic but is a great place to go with friends or coworkers. The service is very attentive. The patio is lovely. The drink menu is unique.I can't speak higher. This place is a must!!!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Arrived as the lunch crowd was starting to leave and were seated right away. Ordered drinks and appetizers that we shared(3 of us). Then more drinks and entrees, then dessert, all shared. Staff could not have been more patient and helpful. All food exceptionally good. Luckily the B&B was a short walk away. Highly recommended

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a lovely dinner at L'Albatros on a recent trip to Cleveland. It is a very warm and inviting atmosphere, with attentive and helpful staff. They were helpful in our dinner choices, as well as giving us suggestions on other places to visit while we were in town. There were 4 in our party, and we all had something different. There were many choices for the vegetarian as well as for those who were adventurous and those not as daring. After the meal, one of the waiters took me outside and showed me their patio area. It was fabulous, the landscaping and design - if I am back in the area when it is warmer - this is on my list. The area is particularly lovely - the Glidden House is 2 doors away, so we stopped. The bar server was so helpful. He gave us a tour of the house, sharing wonderful details and history of the house and the Glidden family. Our evening at the L'Albatros was absolutely memorable - and worth the cab ride from downtown Cleveland (about $25 each way with tip).

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I recently had to spend an evening on the campus of Case Western Reserve University and opted to dine at L'Albatros since it was within walking distance of my hotel. I ordered the salmon and I must say it was prepared perfectly. Great wine selection too. My only minor criticism is that in can be difficult to move around. It's a converted house (I think) and so the space is somewhat broken up. However, that is also part of its charm. If you're on the CWRU campus (or near it) and looking for a great meal, I recomment L'Albatros.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The food was exceptional, the service very friendly with knowledgeable staff, and the ambience was great. A superior dining experience.