“Outstanding”

Ranked #56 of 1,881 Restaurants in Cleveland
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife and I stopped by for late dinner and drinks. The beer selection is top-notch. The service was tremendous. The staff is very knowledgeable about their beers and they are extremely friendly. Had the pork belly nachos - wow. I can't believe it took me so long to find his place.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were the oldest people in the place by at least three decades but no one seemed to notice.

A tap house should have a great beer selection and this one really does. Lots of different styles, on tap, in bottles or in cans. including rarely seen kolsch and mead. My draft porter was at a nice temperature, cool but not so cold that the taste was diminished.

Enough about beer. It is the food that distinguishes itself here. A side order of asparagus was perfectly cooked, not raw but retaining a crunch, and the light vinaigrette surrounding the spears enhanced their flavor instead of masking it. A German-style pretzel with a cheddar cheese dipping sauce was a great treat.

The menu is small. Their being out of the lamb burger on it was a major disappointment as lamb burgers are one of my favorite things to eat, but the beef burger was large, juicy and perfectly cooked as asked for, on the rare side of medium rare. The fries were exceptional, crispy and meaty.

I will definitely return next time I'm in Cleveland.

1  Thank DKB127
Reviewed September 20, 2013

One of the top spots in Cleveland in terms of draft beer. Bottle selection is up there too. Don't even bother opening the food menu, just order the Joshua Burger. Enjoy.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

When we arrived we were greeted with a friendly face! It had just rained and were able to find a spot at the bar. The menu has a nice selection of food, and beer. I had the mac-n-cheese with chicken. It was amazing. It was fresh creamy and sooo delicious. My partner had a Jason burger. It was the real thing, not a frozen patty. It was juicey, sweet and filled with great flavor. I also had the tomatoe and mozz salad that was very good too.

We definitely will return. And would recommend this place to everyone!

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

This place is a family favorite!! The best calamari I've ever had anywhere!! So tender and amazing flavor!! Mussels are amazing and the gravy cheese fries!!! Every single thing on the menu is excellent!! Not a single bad thing to say about this place a must for any visitor or resident of Cleveland