“Not worth a second try” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Greenhouse Tavern

The Greenhouse Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
The Greenhouse Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,831 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Euclid & Prospect
Transit: Short walk from both Terminal Tower and Public Square - RTA and Trolly lines (http://www.riderta.com/).
Cleveland, Ohio
“Not worth a second try”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I had an impromptu night out on a Tuesday. We weren't planning on eating at The Greenhouse Tavern, but found ourselves on 4th Street and had wanted to try it based on so many good reviews. We were surprised how quickly the restaurant filled up. The decor was neat and fun. However, as more people were seated, the noise level increased. It became distracting to us as we were just looking for a low key place to relax. We had to talk very loudly to hear each other.
As for the food, I had a great tempranillo from the Wines on Tap list - this might be the highlight of my meal! I ordered the Devils on Horseback and they were very good. My husband had the braised meatball. It was also good. My husband ordered the rib steak while I ordered the tomato sandwich. The rib steak had nice flavor but was exceptionally chewy. The potatoes that accompanied the steak were great for one bite, but too rich and salty for anything more. The tomatoes were very soggy. I didn't care for it at all. One thing that made us chuckle was that my husband's steak knife was duller than my butter knife.
The service was average. Our server was nice, but not really attentive especially as the restaurant became busier. Perhaps they were understaffed. Our bill was about $100 before tip. I don't think we will go back - we'll stick with Lola next time we are on 4th St.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Great location, food and decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Visited this location many times in the past and I've loved it every time. Great patio on East 4th, nice atmosphere inside, and there is also a bar on the roof top (great for happy hours after work). I recommend this place for the great food and service. One of the best places on a warm summer day or just for a quick lunch.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“How does this place exist?!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I arrived here looking for a place that offered: great food, lower prices than their counterparts, chill atmosphere, (ideally) good service and of course some wine. What I found: awesome food, happy hour priced lunch menu & ridiculously great service (thanks Erin N!). Everything I chose was a SCORE. And the service my server could not be better. I went around 2pm- there were a few patrons outside sitting but I never felt lost in crowd.
I will come back specifically for this restaurant so I can taste more of the menu. Very very good experience.

Lakewood, Ohio
“Nice Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Recently had lunch for the first time at the Greenhouse Tavern. Was a good lunch, We sat outside, it was a nice day and the outside area is good, they placed large umbrellas out to protect from direct sun. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Lunch started with there Pommes Frites, With raw garlic and rosemary, very good. Then I had the Smoked Beef sandwich with chips, the beef was very good. My dining champion had a Market Fish Club Sandwich, which was different, it was Salmon on the day we went, in thin bread with the bacon and avocado piled under the sandwich, she said it was good. Overall a good lunch.

Oslo, Norway
“Quick, chic and great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We found ourselves downtown Cleveland after visiting the Progressive field for a baseball match. I knew I had heard about the owner of the Greenhouse tavern, Gordon Ramsay is one amongst many putting out good words about the restaurant. I didnt doubt his advice and went here for dinner.

The place offer outdoor seating in the street and at their own rooftop. Casual seating by the bar and more comfortable dining rooms one level up.

The prices are fair and all ingredients are fresh and local.

If you find yourself in the need of a restroom I reccomend to go down in the basement, this way takes you through the kitchen where chef's are working. Definately a hidden treat!

Food was delicious, smart and simple. I will definately be back on my next visit to Cleveland! Strongly reccomended

• Visited July 2013