“Hummmm...I'm writing this as I sit here”
Review of La Strada - CLOSED

La Strada
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prospect / Euclid
Transit: RTA stop 1 block south of the restaurant.
“Hummmm...I'm writing this as I sit here”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Well..I made a reservation a month ago. When we got here we were waiting behind a couple who had a problem and the line started getting long so some guy walked up and started seating people that were in line behind us. I guess he gave our table away because we got sat at the bar and I don't mean THE BAR. We sat at a long bar table upstairs looking over the restaurant. Which I actually liked...it was cool looking over the restarant..We didn't get a drink for 20 minutes and that was finaly from the bus boy. We never saw our waiter for 30 minutes. I started to worry because we had tickets to Billy Joel. Finally he took our order. First up the buffalo matzarell... Just ok..next the eggplant appetizer... Delicious...I saw other reviewers didn't like their sause... I'm so picky about red sause and I thought it was amazing..I ordered the CAB Serloin it had no sause. I would suggest asking for blue cheese melted on it but it was a good steak. Bread was ok not the best like others suggest...DH said his spagetti and meatballs were good...I tasted it.. Just ok...I'd come back again. Can't blame the waiter he ran his bleep off...

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Cindy K

San Jose, California
“Denied MSG usage”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The food was good, with the pesto being awesome.

I have a reaction to MSG where I have some mild difficulty breathing and joint ache for 1-3 hours. The onset of symptoms is pretty quick (30 minutes) so I know there was some MSG in either the salad or antipasto.
I spoke with the manager about this and the chef denies adding MSG or that MSG is even in the kitchen. While I don't doubt his honesty, I also know that MSG can be hidden in ingredients used by the chef and thus inadvertently included in dishes.
If you're ok with MSG, the food is certainly worth a trip if you're in the area.

Visited March 2014
Presque Isle, Maine
“Early Dinner”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I were the first customer at an early dinner, service was pretty good yet not overbearing. I ordered the Chicken Parmesan of which, I had mixed feelings about my selection. The chicken was great yet the pasta sauce was not my favorite style. I'm not saying it wasn't good, it just wasn't for me. The highlight of the meal was the bread, it was probably the best I have ever had.

• Visited March 2014
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
“Silence of the Lamb”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Weather warming up and walking around Cleveland 4th street and decided to sit down at the bar here and have dinner. From the very warm greeting and an explanation of the specials I grabed my seat at the bar. A very nice selection of wines and I started with pinor followed by malbac which bothe were great. I will not say much abiut the food as I have had lamb all over north america and greece and the chops here served over top of the light tomatoe based broth with vegies is remarkable and lamb fans or just meat lovers must try this dish and please email your thoughts
Thanks to my server Hanna who provided steller service and recommendations from Laura on the lamb but cudos to Heath the chef.
I will be back here many more times

1 Thank Dave O
Presque Isle, Maine
“Amazing Bread”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is a neat restaurant in a very cool area. The decor and service were nice. The food was okay, but the bread was outstanding.

• Visited March 2014