“Love the outdoor seating!”
Review of La Strada - CLOSED

La Strada
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prospect / Euclid
Transit: RTA stop 1 block south of the restaurant.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My sister and I went here before a concert downtown. We made reservations and were glad we did. East 4th was hopping before the concert. We sat outside and it was lovely. The service was very good. The menu was a bit smaller than I expected but we were each able to find something we wanted. The homemade hummus and bread is a must have. It was absolutely delicious. I had the salmon special and it was delicious -- great portion size, well seasoned. My sister had a salad and a pizza and enjoyed both of hers as well. Definitely check this place out if you are going to be up in the Cleveland area.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I am a local and went downtown for a nice dinner with 3 female friends. We had reservations and I had inquired when I made these reservations that we had 2 of the "2 for 1" coupons from a local coupon source. I was told that it would be "no problem" and to mention to server before ordering. Server and manager would not honor said coupons and when we said we would go else where didn't seem to mind. This was not a crowded restaurant on a weekday evening. I can't imagine that they were willing to allow us to just walk. Walk we did - and found a very nice inviting restaurant with lesser prices and great service also on East 4th St. I will never patronize this restaurant again. Their loss.

2  Thank sharioh
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Meatballs and hummus and great wine prices and very friendly staff, don't miss it! We sat at the bar but you can also dine upstairs or down and enjoy fantastic pasta and atmosphere.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

A client of mine asked me to join him at a National Soccer game in Cleveland one evening and he wanted to know a good place to eat before the game. I recommended "anything on 4th Street!" We each had been to the usual "popular" restaurants along the short street so we thought we'd try La Strada. A guy in cut-off-sleeves, blue jeans and sandals greeted us at the location of the outdoor seating. I thought he was just another customer waiting to go to a rugby or boxing match. I think he was the owner or at least the manager. He was friendly and helpful, but his attire was not what I'd expect of a "classy" restaurant. We were seated outside (indeed a good evening for it) and ordered wine. Excellent wine (a Chilean cabernet sauvignon). Their "fish of the day" actually was a stew. Passed on it and went for a salad. My friend had a chicken entree. Both were good. After our meals were about half-eaten, the waitress brought us bread and oil....a little late. (She also had to read the specials from a note she had scribbled....and she wasn't that well-groomed, either). In spite of the minor glitches, the meal was decent, and the surrounding atmosphere very appealing for an outdoor dining experience. Price average, too.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had the spaghetti and meatballs. Excellent flavor. Portion of pasta served with this was inadequate, when I spoke to waitress and other staff, they sympathised, but did nothing about it. Salad ordered by my friend was short on items specified on menu. Proscuito was minimal, and poor quality. We expected better on an $11.00 salad.