“Overpriced and treated poorly for the cost”

International Exposition Cener
Ranked #57 of 191 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Owner description: The I-X Center is home to dozens of Cleveland's most popular consumer events including the I-X Indoor Amusement Park, International Beer Fest, Spring and Fall Fabulous Food Shows, By Hand Fine Art and Craft Fair, I-X Piston Power Show, Trick or Treat Street, I-X Christmas Connection and much more!
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My second visit to the IX Center may just be my last. My husband and I visited for the Great Big Home and Garden Show. The tickets were fairly pricey to star with, then we were slammed with an $8 bill to park. The woman in her booth blew cigarette smoke into our car (thanks). Then it was snowing (it is Cleveland), but not a single inch of the massive parking lot was plowed, nor any walk ways shoveled. What did we just pay $8 for exactly? Instead of a worker shoveling some pathways, they had lots of parking lot attendants that seemed to nothing but stop pedestrians from crossing while standing in 5 inches of snow to let cars dropping off people pass. And they were rude to boot. The ticket booth woman was equally rude and unhelpful when I mistakenly brought my Groupon for admission to her instead of going directly to the gate. My mistake, but she pointed and said "go over there" instead of explaining nicely that the groupon was already the ticket so I did not need to trade it in for an actual ticket.

The show itself was fairly disappointing. Long and poorly organized lines to see all exhibits, very few fun "freebies", repetitive vendors (how many basement waterproofing vendor booths can you run by before being accosted?), and no activities. Even the coat check line was so long we decided to skip it and had to haul our coats around all day, guess we saved $4 though. When it was time to eat, the food was very overpriced and the food workers were just plain awful. We decided to order a hotdog special, explained as a hot dog, bag of chips and a small soft drink for $6 on the menu board and an additional hot dog for $4. We ordered it just like that, hotdog special and additional hotdog from one woman. When we moved down to the register, we repeated our order. A man from the back ran up to the register, yelled at us that that's not what's on the tray, the hotdog special hotdog is smaller and it's just some chips, not a bag. We told him what we ordered and instead of apologizing or just giving it to us, he was rude, looked at us like idiots, never told the other employee she made a mistake and proceeded to give one of the larger hotdogs on our tray to the next person in line. Gross. Every employee I encountered was down right mean. These workers must get payed nothing for them to all be so awful and rude. Never again!

2  Thank jzsimmons23
in 21 reviews
in 3 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have been a vendor there at different shows over the past 25 years. While it is a union facility (ugh!), they have become overall MUCH better to work with & less dictator-type over the past few years! THANKS! Your changes have made it more pleasant to be there from the vendor end. (and without the vendors, your shows aren't very strong!)

Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I go to numerous events each year at the IX Center, including the auto show, the motorcycle show, the boat show, and the IX Indoor Amusement Park. The building is emormous, easy to find your way around in, it is always spotlessly clean, and has a permanent (and always-open) ferris wheel that has an awesome view of Cleveland through the glass dome in the roof that it's built into. It's in the quiet suburban neighborhood of Brookpark (not Cleveland itself), and is well staffed with various food and merchandise vendors, and security (private security guards, Cuyahoga County Sheriffs deputies, and Cleveland Police oficers). The only downfalls are the long lines for the restrooms (which aren't always as clean as the rest of the building), and the parking fee, which varies depending on the event. Overall, it's a great place, and every event that they have there is very popular (the auto show and the IX Indoor Amusement Park are the best).

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We live literally behind this place - there are always events in the IX center. Our last participation was for a political rally. Large crowd, plenty parking spot and it is adjacent to Cleveland Hopkin's International airport.