“stunning”

Cleveland Museum of Art
Ranked #1 of 187 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Owner description: The Cleveland Museum of Art was founded in 1913 "for the benefit of all the people forever." Renowned for the quality and breadth of its collection, the museum includes almost 45,000 objects and spans 6,000 years of achievement in the arts. The museum is a significant international forum for exhibitions, scholarship, performing arts and art education and recently completed an ambitious, multi-phase renovation and expansion project across its campus. One of the top comprehensive art museums in the nation and free of charge to all, the Cleveland Museum of Art is located in the dynamic University Circle neighborhood.
Reviewed October 16, 2013

one of the best in the States, you feel like you are in Europe and there is no fee for entrance only special exhibits ,,, beautiful

There are newer reviews for Cleveland Museum of Art

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I recently spent most of the day at the Cleveland Museum of Art and thoroughly enjoyed it. There is a really cool wall that shows you electronically everything that is in the museum that works in conjunction with a free app on an IPAD. The museum has been recently updated and it's truly a wonderful show case for the city. I would highly recommend spending a day there!

I didn't go with a baby so I don't know about stroller parking, however, they do have very good food available from what I understand, however, we had lunch near by and walked to the museum afterwards.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Wonderful Museum, interesting, rich and beautiful! Don't miss!
Great Welcome, free entrance, fantastic collections, also very good modern art section.
Old Masters not that big, but interesting nevertheless.

3  Thank FLuisi
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have been enjoying The Cleveland Museum of Art since I was in 4th grade and my Mom had me take drawing classes there! I still recall the peaceful lines of the oriental vases i drew, the bold British wall tapestries, the Winslow Homer watercolors...
Today I am an artist living in the Caribbean, but I stop at this museum whenever I can when I am in "Town"! I still love the collections, still love the paintings! (My favorites now are the oils of C. Pissarro (SP?) and the girl with the red hair in the green wave by Gaugan (Sp)...sorry I can paint but not a great speller!
I highly recommend visits! (Keep in mind some pieces travel for International Shows, so the collections subtly change!)

2  Thank CaymanD
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Wonderful place to visit. The atmosphere and location and all the artwork is wonderful. The history of the museum itself is phenomenal.