“Hands-on Galore!”

Great Lakes Science Center
Ranked #20 of 185 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Owner description: Kids, take note: hundreds of hands-on experiments and cool activities - science has never been so much fun!
Loudonville, Ohio
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Hands-on Galore!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was a great place to take our children (8 and 10) during winter break. The entire place is filled with hands-on science. Each station had very good descriptions of what to do and explained why things worked. In comparison to COSI in Columbus I felt the GLSC had more active participation. COSI has more themed areas but GLSC kept my children's interest longer.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Rebecca F

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Science Center in Cleveland”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

They have some really cool exhibits that come through but if you are a Cleveland native you know that the main part of the science center is rarely changed or updated. It is a fun day with little ones though.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Courtney W
Hamilton, Canada
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Good for the kids!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We dropped into the Science Centre and watched their IMAX presentation of the unknown universe. Was good. Science centre reminded me of the one we have in Toronto. Very similar. Lots of hands-on things for the kids. They also had a presentation about the Centaur Rocket with some actual experts (retired) from NASA. Very interesting. Overall we enjoyed our visit. Note though extra charges for IMAX, parking and other exhibits...so starts to add up.

Buffalo, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Titanic Exhibit!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Recently went to Cleveland for the Titanic exhibit with my husband. What an excellent tribute to the tragedy. I went to the exhibit in 2002 and from what i remember they have improved it. My husband who just knows the basics was blown away with the artifacts and the recreations of the cabins and the crew quarters. This was a moving experience and one we will not forget!

PA
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Good for children; BUT”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

the science part is great for children and I hate to pan the facility as it is very nice.

But the Titanic exhibit was horrible. Poor lighting, techie noise, perambulating flooring. very tough for seniors to navigate and see. The combination of poor lighting, uneven flooring and sound made me very disoriented, and there were no places to sit and recoup until close to the end. I had to sit on the floor a couple of times during the first half.

you could not see just the titanic but had to pay full price for the center, plus extra. total was $24 + taxes per person.

was not worth my hard earned money.

1 Thank NLtravels