“Great Lakes Science Center”

Great Lakes Science Center
Ranked #19 of 193 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Owner description: Kids, take note: hundreds of hands-on experiments and cool activities - science has never been so much fun!
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Positives = clean, Omnimax theater, a couple of live demonstrations.
Negatives = VERY small museum with very little to see. Not worth the price of admission.

Only reason we were there for 2-3 hours is because the Omnimax theater show was 45 minutes, we spent time in the gift shop, and spent time in the food venue.

PASS THIS ONE BY!

2  Thank LadyG1010101010

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Use to come here all the time, but hadn't been here in a few years. Now I know why. It seems admission for adults has sky rocketed to nearly $20! While children under the age of 18 are now free.

After entering, it seems the majority of the adults aren't paying to enter, they are simply sending their children in, on their own. It was an absolute madhouse/circus inside. Tons of unattended children were aimlessly running around yelling and banging on exhibits. I saw multiply older children with t-shirts that read “staff.” However, the majority of these folks were gathered in groups chatting. I assumed they were supposed to be watching these random children, but since they were not, the children were just running wild.

There were several exhibits that are now missing and not a single new one since my last visit. Of the ones that were there, most them were barely functioning or not functioning at all. So ultimately, I paid $20 to be swarmed by unsupervised children and look at broken, rundown exhibits. Not to mention the fact that the downstairs area, which use to contain artwork and other small displays, was now an area for storage.

I contacted the Science Center to let them know and ask for a refund. Never heard back, what a dump.

2  Thank suzannable
Reviewed September 21, 2012

An enjoyable and fun palce to take your kids I expect but as a venue for a Corporate Dinner it feel well short. The food was terrible and so basic. Everything was overpowered by the seasoning, be it garlic or herbs. Go for the science not the food.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I think this is a great place to take school age children. You could spend all day here. I took my younger kids on Tuesday (kids are free). We spent 3-4 hours on the top floor and it was just enough. I wouldn't pay full price for them until they are older. The space exhibit is a little over their head right now.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

There is something for everyone at the Great Lakes Science Center. The Omni Theater is awesome. The views of the Lake are thrilling and the learning experience is never ending. A+