Review Highlights
Interesting Tour!

You can walk through yourself, but make sure you take every opportunity to hear the stories from... read more

Reviewed November 8, 2018
171terrir
Brownstown, MI, United States
Small But Worthwhile Stop

Historic ship displays are eye-wateringly expensive to operate and maintain. Visiting the USS COD... read more

Reviewed November 7, 2018

from $65.00
from $58.00
from $49.99
More Info
All reviews cod self guided tour subs during wwii deck gun tight quarters torpedo room climb down conning tower these men piece of history great lesson first hand kids will love rock n roll hall of fame free parking well worth the visit
Reviewed September 11, 2018

I have visited many WWII ships over the years but this may be the best maintained one I've ever seen. I does look as if it could be operational. Amazing display.Complete access from bow to stern. Free parking! One must climb down and then up the hatch ladders to get in and out which may be challenging for some. One block from Rock and Roll HoF. Very cool place.

1  Thank chakalkar
Reviewed September 6, 2018

It only took me 40 years but I wanted to see a sub. I took my 3 grand sons and had a great time. the ship is in great shape, parking right in front of the sub for free. If your at the Science museum or the Rock N Roll museum the submarine is just across the street.
How 75 men lived inside that small space is special.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank Luckycharm14
Reviewed September 6, 2018

I hadn't been on the USS Cod since I was a kid until last summer, when my boyfriend and I checked it out. We were greeted by a very friendly and knowledgeable military veteran, who provided some context and history of the USS Cod. The submarine itself is well maintained with informative audio stations that tell about different parts of the vessel. Climbing up and down ladders and through small spaces is required if you want to see the entire submarine, but regular-sized adults with fair mobility can tackle it. Kids will love exploring as well.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

This is a great attraction. The Cod is an actual WWII submarine an d it truly gives you the idea of what it was like to serve on a submarine. My hats are off to all submariners. I recommend a visit to the Cod. That being said I have to say that if you have mobility issues this is not for you as you need to climb ladders to enter an d exit the submarine an d to go through the harches.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

First things first. It was not that easy to get in and out of the ship for a big guy. Not easy at all. They are skinny ladders basically straight up and down going through portholes. These subs were made for skinny, short people. Conditions are cramped and tight onboard, but amazing to see. You can see so many things on this old sub that remind me of things you see in newer ones. Not a lot of people visit this, but it's worth spending an hour or a little more.