“Great zoo!”

Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
Ranked #21 of 196 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Owner description: Don't miss this exciting metropolitan zoo best known for having the largest collection of primates in the United States and for its Rainforest exhibit, which features a thrilling simulated tropical rain storm.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We visited on a chilly fall day in November and the crowd was pretty light. The cost of admission goes down during their winter hours so it was only $8.25 for adults. Parking is free. Due to the colder temperatures some of the animals were not out and only a couple of places to eat were open. We ate at Pizza Hut and took our food inside a building right next to the stand so we didn't have to eat outside.

We particularly liked the aquatics and primates; we took the tram to see these exhibits. Everything was clean and well taken care of and the animals looked healthy. If you don't like crowds then the cooler months might be a better time to visit albeit not everything is open and running.

Don't miss the opportunity to visit the rainforest building which is included in the cost of your admission. They have more animals and exhibits in here along with a restaurant and restrooms. I'd definitely recommend a visit. There are lots of places to sit and rest if you get tired from walking and there is enough to see that you won't get bored.

1  Thank funinthesun037
Write a ReviewReviews (1,427)
All reviews
in 26 reviews
"aquatic"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The zoo has many nice touches to complement viewing the animals. The location is accessible for city dwellers.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I've lived in the Cleveland area my entire life (I'm 48). I have watched the Cleveland Zoo go through changes over the years and it keeps getting better! I made another visit not long ago and just love the elephant crossing they added. The wolf exhibit is still my favorite. The only thing I miss is the Zoo Lights they used to have during the Holiday Season.
Zoo has improved so much since the Metropark System took it over. Clean, affordable and very, very nice exhibits. A must see.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is a small version of the san diego zoo.....My kids enjoyed here much more than in san diego...Great Tram service, good food inside the zoo...very well kept animals...dinosaurs park is an added attraction

1  Thank umang166