“Wonderful family place”

Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
Ranked #11 of 189 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Owner description: Don't miss this exciting metropolitan zoo best known for having the largest collection of primates in the United States and for its Rainforest exhibit, which features a thrilling simulated tropical rain storm.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I've lived in the Cleveland area my entire life (I'm 48). I have watched the Cleveland Zoo go through changes over the years and it keeps getting better! I made another visit not long ago and just love the elephant crossing they added. The wolf exhibit is still my favorite. The only thing I miss is the Zoo Lights they used to have during the Holiday Season.
Zoo has improved so much since the Metropark System took it over. Clean, affordable and very, very nice exhibits. A must see.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is a small version of the san diego zoo.....My kids enjoyed here much more than in san diego...Great Tram service, good food inside the zoo...very well kept animals...dinosaurs park is an added attraction

1  Thank umang166
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Fantastic way to spend a day with family and friends. Things for all ages. Some of the new ateas for the animals are great and you can feed some of them.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This year we decided to take our 4 year old grandson to the zoo. Problem was we happened to go on the FREE day by coincidence. Horrible! Crowded! Hot! We had to park in an overflow lot, battle crowds of people with coolers and take forever to gain entrance. Another major problem is that it is impossible to find any zoo staff to ask where anything in the park is located. It's a shame because we have a highly rated zoo, and it is understaffed. The only place we could enjoy was the dinosaur exhibit which was slightly shady and not crowded - probably because you had to pay for entrance to this! It is a little elementary, however. My 4 year old grandson asked if the dinosaurs were toys. What does that say? Not very realistic.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

great way to spend a day with family, lots of animals, lots of walking and fresh air, the exhibits are thought out and informative, lots of fun, lots of picnic spaces