Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside
$121
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$111
$80
Radisson
$199
$148
$119
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$109
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

$101
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

$129
$102
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

$131
$118
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

$171
$139
$109
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

2,160 results
All reviewscookiesrock and roll halldouble treehall of fameshuttle servicefree shuttleexecutive floorwithin walking distancer rview of the lakescience centerfront desk stafffootball stadiumhotel shuttlebrowns stadiumbreakfast buffetroom key
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Stayed at the Doubletree for an extended weekend. Renovated from the former Holiday Inn. Parking on the streets free for the weekend (after 5:00pm weekdays) and readily available while we were there. R &R Hall of Fame about 4-5 blocks away. Renovated rooms are nice, but not of 4 to 5 star quality. Hotwire rated the hotel at 3.5 stars, which is a bit of a stretch. Clean, only maintenance item was a loose toilet seat. A/c unit worked well, but on the loud side. Beds good, pool & exercise room nice, but pool has the ubiquitous non-removable rope between shallow/deep ends making lap swimming a bit of a chore. Staff reasonably friendly. Did not try the food or in-house starbucks....

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2009

The hotel itself was good for what we wanted, although we booked through Hotwire (and paid $49 per night before tax) and received a two double bed room instead of the one bed room we would have preferred. Parking was reasonable at $16 per night, and we initially left Cleveland with a good view of this hotel. However, in checking my credit card statement a week later, there was a $42.76 charge from this hotel that I can't account for - we used none of the hotel's facilities bar the room we paid for. I tried to call the hotel to check about this, and was initially helped by a rather friendly employee who put me through to someone where only a voicemail answered. I transferred myself back to reception, not happy about giving the runaround, where I encountered an employee that had obviously had a hard day, he was rude, sarcastic and when I questioned him about something, he returned my question in a sardonic tone, then refused to let me answer, dumping me back to someone else, who finally told me that the department I needed to speak to was closed for the day, and that I needed to call back the next day. When told the next day was a Saturday, she had forgotten that the department I needed to speak to doesn't work on weekends!!

Overall, I would have recommended this hotel as a good stay through Hotwire, but the after-sales service that I received makes me think that once they have your money - be it legally or not - then that's where the service stops. Recommendation - avoid

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Pros:
-Fantastic rate (booked through Hotwire for $49+tax)
-Great location off of Rt 2, I-90, & 9th St (Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Science Center and the football stadium)
-Convenient, safe and reasonably priced parking ($16 per night, come-and-go)
-Bedding was very comfortable

Cons:
-Filthiest 3 1/2 star hotel I've EVER seen (listed as 3 1/2 by Hotwire)
-Stains, crumbs, candy, mold, scum, crud, dirt and dust
-Phone was so dirty we wouldn't even pick it up, and the coffee bar would be great (Wolfgang Puck) if it were clean!
** I stayed here for one night after a concert with several friends (separate rooms, all dirty). Walked to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame the next day. I'm young (25) and on a limited budget, but I've stayed at many hotels. I'm NOT a picky person. This hotel was THAT BAD!
-Toilette did not flush properly, and water lost pressure/got cold while showering
-The comfortable bedding didn't even matter because it was dirty and stained; we slept on top of the covers!
-The front desk clerks were not particularly friendly. They could not tell us where to get stamps or breakfast/lunch. The cleaning staff, who did not acknowledge us, was having a loud, personal conversation in the hallway. Perhaps if they did more cleaning and less socializing we wouldn't have been so disgusted by our rooms.

Overall, I would ONLY recommend this hotel to someone who doesn't plan to spend a lot of time in their room, doesn't care about cleanliness, or someone looking for a convenient, low cost place to stay.
Shame, because the location, recent renovations, front lobby, and style of the hotel are really nice. If only it was clean and well maintained!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank NMSwan
Reviewed June 1, 2009

If I had paid full price for the hotel I would have been very upset (paid 49/night on hotwire). The hotel itself is not so bad, fairly updated but the service leaves much to be desired. To start off the desk staff were rude/unhelpful. The room was semi-clean upon check in. The room had a strange/ funky smell when we first walked in, but once the air conditioner ran for awhile it went away. The furniture was dusty, and there were handprints on the doors and headboards so you could tell they had not been wiped down before we checked in. There was dried food stuck on the carpet and we found a spoon sticking halfway out from under the bed. We stayed 4 nights, each day leaving by 9am to go out to sightseeing or go to area attractions. We would normally be back to the room by 4:30 or so, and 3 out of the 4 days we came back to a dirty room. The one day they did come in to clean they did not leave any toilet paper so we ran out that night. The other days the cleaner stopped by to see if we needed towels or empty the garbage, but that was about it.
I would not recommend the hotel restaurant for breakfast. It is overpriced and the food was not worth the price. The breakfast buffet was $15 per person, the food was lukewarm and did not taste that great. We only got suckered in the first day, and found other area restaurants the rest of our stay. Parking cost 16 dollars per day. We expected the cost, what we did not expect was the lack of available spots to park during peak times. They allow others to park there as well, so during times when games or events are going on you may not be able to find a spot to park even though you paid for the day.
The location is alright if you are attending a football game or the rock and roll hall of fame, as it is only a short walk down to the area. It would not be the best location if you are attending a basketball or baseball game since it is on the other side of the city.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank parkval
Reviewed May 23, 2009

We were a little dissapointed when we got this hotel on Hotwire but we were pleasantly surprised and extremely pleased with our $63 purchase (including taxes and fees)- this was one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at, comperable to Hiltons, Hyatts, etc.

It was a little hard to get to because of local construction but that was our only complaint.

Check-in was easy and there was no mention/attitude because it was a Hotwire booking. Loved the warm chocolate chip cookie!

When we got to our room, there were 2 double beds. I called down to see if we could change to a king room- no problem. The clerk even apologized for not asking (I had not called to specify a preference).

Our room was on the fifth floor and had a view of an office building but we could see the lake if we looked to our left. While it was close to the elevator, we heard no noise from it or other guests. The room was large and well decorated- modern, urban furnishings and color scheme (though it did make the room seem a little dark). The bed was super comfy and had 6 pillows. There was also a comfortable chair, desk area (free internet), flat screen tv (lots of chanels including HBO), and coffee maker with Wolfgang Puck coffees and teas. While we did not use it, there was an extensive room service menu.

In addition to the ample drawer space, there was a huge closet. The bathroom was massive and well stocked with huge, fluffy towels and Neutrogena products (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, face wash, facial moisturizer with sunblock, body and face soaps). There was a note in the room stating that they would also deliver toothpaste, toothbrushes, shower caps, deodorant and many other items for no extra charge if you needed them.

We did not check out the fitness room, self-serve laundry, or business center but the pool on the first floor was great. It is near the lobby but close to the elevators so one does not need to go through the (lovely and large) lobby area to get to it. The pool is large and fairly warm and the whirlpool was hot and had great jets. There are lots of towels and tables and chairs so that one can really enjoy this area.

There is a Starbucks just off the lobby, as well as a restaurant and a separate bar.

Parking was $16/day but the area was secure (guard at the entrance and hotel key needed to enter) and they let us keep the car there after we checked out, so we thought it was a pretty good deal.

The hotel is within walking distance of the Rock n'Roll Hall of Fame but little else. However, the hotel offers a free shuttle to anywhere in the downtown area. It was hard for us to figure out the exact perimeters of this. The first night we wanted to go to the Great Lakes Brewing Company but the driver said that he didn't go there. He took us to the Warehouse district and recommended the Cleveland Chop House and Brewing Company instead (which we enjoyed). The next day we asked about getting a cab to the West Side Market (which is across the street from the Great Lakes Brewing Company) and the desk clerk said that the shuttle was not available at that time (it was making a hospital run) but that he would pick us up when we wanted to come back. She then called a cab for us. I suggest that you ask the front desk about places to go and get them to ask the drivers.

On the whole, all the staff we met were extremely friendly and went out of their way to accomodate any request. We will definitely stay here again if we return to Cleveland.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple