If I had paid full price for the hotel I would have been very upset (paid 49/night on hotwire). The hotel itself is not so bad, fairly updated but the service leaves much to be desired. To start off the desk staff were rude/unhelpful. The room was semi-clean upon check in. The room had a strange/ funky smell when we first walked in, but once the air conditioner ran for awhile it went away. The furniture was dusty, and there were handprints on the doors and headboards so you could tell they had not been wiped down before we checked in. There was dried food stuck on the carpet and we found a spoon sticking halfway out from under the bed. We stayed 4 nights, each day leaving by 9am to go out to sightseeing or go to area attractions. We would normally be back to the room by 4:30 or so, and 3 out of the 4 days we came back to a dirty room. The one day they did come in to clean they did not leave any toilet paper so we ran out that night. The other days the cleaner stopped by to see if we needed towels or empty the garbage, but that was about it.
I would not recommend the hotel restaurant for breakfast. It is overpriced and the food was not worth the price. The breakfast buffet was $15 per person, the food was lukewarm and did not taste that great. We only got suckered in the first day, and found other area restaurants the rest of our stay. Parking cost 16 dollars per day. We expected the cost, what we did not expect was the lack of available spots to park during peak times. They allow others to park there as well, so during times when games or events are going on you may not be able to find a spot to park even though you paid for the day.
The location is alright if you are attending a football game or the rock and roll hall of fame, as it is only a short walk down to the area. It would not be the best location if you are attending a basketball or baseball game since it is on the other side of the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel in downtown Cleveland is one-half mile from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and other great things to do in downtown Cleveland. It offers a spacious indoor pool and free shuttle service to downtown attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside Hotel Cleveland
- Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside Ohio