This hotel recently underwent a massive renovation. Overall, the design is wonderful and the rooms are very comfortable. The lobby is beautiful and service at the front desk was cheerful.
The hotel is located very close to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and certain rooms have beautiful views of Lake Erie. The beds were extremely comfortable and I loved the fact that the bath amenities included facial cleanser and facial moisturizer. Those items often leak in suitcases, so it's wonderful for hotels to offer them.
Some bad notes: the service in general needs improved training. While the room was comfortable, housekeeping definitely missed corners of bathrooms (check out my photos) and sticky things on the dresser. Phone calls to various departments would often go unanswered for quite a few rings and workers would often hang up quickly without ensuring the call was finished. The front desk was a bit chaotic at times with guests not being helped in order.
Finally, the high speed internet was not working for about 6 hours one evening.
Overall, I would stay here again if the price is right, but not if it's expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel in downtown Cleveland is one-half mile from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and other great things to do in downtown Cleveland. It offers a spacious indoor pool and free shuttle service to downtown attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon and Odigeo so you can book your Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside Hotel Cleveland
- Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside Ohio