“Mediocre facility”

Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Took forever to get checked in because there wasn't adequate staffing at the front desk at 3pm check-in time. The 3rd floor hallway smelled like cat urine. Our queen-sized bed room was so small it was difficult to move. An ottoman blocked our way through the hallway. The furniture took so much room, there was no other place to move it to. A reception area staff member rolled his eyes at me when I asked for a cookie as we arrived back at the hotel from our event. No one was around to seat us at breakfast, which is pitifully small and cold, and hardly worth any amount of money, let alone the $15 per person that we were charged. I will never stay at this DoubleTree again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GeorgeI228, General Manager at Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Kristen K, we wanted to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for your feedback during your most recent stay at our hotel. The issues you encountered should not of occured and rest assured we have spoken to our appropriate team members. It's only through feedback like yours that enables us to continue to improve our service expectations. Again, thank you and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Hotel's location was good and I found the staff quite helpful and friendly. Unfortunately, my room adjoined the elevator shaft and I did not sleep the first nite, but my request for a transfer was accomodated, so the next nite was better. The shuttle is a handy little service as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very friendly staff, convenient self-park garage connected to hotel (albeit, at additional charge), well appointed and very clean rooms, and good amenities. Exercise facility was a cut above the usual.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel was convenient, clean and a very good value. Perfect for convention attendees. I felt safe and slept well...all in all a very good experience. The front desk was helpful and friendly. Leaving bags at the front desk for the second day of the convention was really helpful!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Great Location. very good buffett. Good ot get a room away from the water...train and airplane noise. Nice having a Starbuck's in-house. Front desk staff are outstanding. four block walk to Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank darwoj
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This hotel seemed quite busy, but we did get checked in reasonably quickly. Parking next door was handy, and their shuttle service made our Saturday night restaurant excursion quite pleasant. It was cold and windy, so walking TO the restaurant was enough for us. The location is very close to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and we guessed that much of their clientele was visiting there. It's not extremely central in downtown, and most of the nearby restaurants seemed to be sports bars (hence the value of the shuttle). We had a glimpse of the lake from our room, which we appreciated. If we visited again, we'd probably try for a more active part of downtown. We rested well and continued our Ohio tour the next day, so we were satisfied.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I planned a birthday celebration for my husband in Cleveland. I had booked our flights and made our reservations at the Doubletree. However, work got in my way. I convienced my husband to go away. He specifically wanted to visit the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame and some other historical sites near the city. I travel for a living but my husband never travels alone. So this was a big deal. I contacted the Doubletree and told them that it was his birthday and that I was going to be unable to be with him. I asked them if they could help me make the trip special for him. And boy did they delive!. When he got home, he couldn't stop talking about the wonderful his room was, and how lovely the entire hotel was. He talked about the great breakfast and how everyone had treated him so special. Amazingly, they all knew it was his birthday:) He specifically spoke about Ronnie from the front desk who ensured that h had directions to every location that my husband planned visit. He helped him to understand his best options for parking at each location as well. He even gave some pointers on other places to visit. I might add, he have him a few extra cookies for the road as well. I can't say enough about how much this meant to me. I really appreciate everyone at the hotel making his visit special.. This is another example of why I chose Hilton Properties. You always know you can expect the best and it gets delivered.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo