Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
2,161 results
All reviewscookiesrock and roll halldouble treehall of fameshuttle servicefree shuttleexecutive floorwithin walking distancer rview of the lakescience centerfront desk stafffootball stadiumhotel shuttlebrowns stadiumbreakfast buffetroom key
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed here for two nights while undergoing medical tests in Cleveland. The room was clean, but rather small. There was a small refrigerator in the room which was nice. My biggest issue was with the heating unit. Despite having a thermostat on the wall, I could not get the room to a comfortable temperature. They do offer free shuttle service to Cleveland Clinic, University Hospital, and the VA hospital on a set schedule daily, which was very convenient. If I go back I will try to get a bigger room next time. Overall, though a nice stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mkkayla
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My 11yr old son and I stayed at the Doubletree in December to watch the Redskins vs. Browns. It is about a 10 min walk to the stadium and the hotel location made it super easy to get in and out of the city.

Check in was efficient and staff were friendly, even though we were sporting Skins jerseys ;-)

Room was very clean and oh so comfy! The beds and pillows looked very inviting when we walked in. The little pillows that said "dream" on it were a nice touch. This was my son's first road trip with me and that little pillow made an impression on him as did the warm fresh baked cookies! Bathroom was a good size and very clean as well.

We walked to the Hard Rock Cafe from hotel (20min) and this was only because the shuttle the concierge said would take us there never showed up. We got tired of standing around outside for the driver and just google mapped our way there. Worked well for me because it took us past some lovely Christmas decorations in the plaza in front of casino, so it was all good. I'd recommend you ask specifically when the shuttle operates if you plan to use it. The hotel is near a lot of restaurants and its about a 10-15 min walk.

1  Thank Margaret F
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed only one night. Front desk staff very friendly and efficient. We were given connecting rooms with the particulars we had requested. Rooms were clean and comfortable, better than I anticipated. Always nice to have a fridge for cold drinks. Bathroom a bit tight but as expected in older hotels. Appreciated the covered self parking ($16) as it snowed and was nice to have a clean car the next morning. The location is very good for R&R HOF, GL Science Center and more. Drove to Hard Rock Cafe/Tower City for dinner, would be a pleasant walk in nicer weather. Must say the holiday lights were beautiful downtown. Did not use pool. As Hilton Honors members we were given free breakfast coupons but service was terribly slow due to horrible under staffing in kitchen. Food once it finally arrived was pretty good but glad we didn't pay for that experience. Starbucks option in lobby area. Overall was a good place and I would most likely stay there again.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Came into town to experience the Christmas lights, restaurants, and casino. Our room was very nice and clean with a refridgerator. The front desk guy, Steve, was really helpful. It's great to deal with someone who loves his job. Breakfast the next morning was very tastee. There was a little bit of a wait but, Coco, the kitchen manager took care of us, (without us having to ask). The hot tub was wonderful, but the pool was a bit cold. My husband and son loved the fitness room. Plus, the HOT chocolate chip cookies (complimentary of the front desk) were delicious!

Room Tip: Good walking distance to everything.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked this through hotwire (so didn't know the hotel before booking). Turned out to be a nice place to stay. Everyone was really helpful and nice that worked there. The shuttle service around downtown was wonderful and since it was so cold, we used that a few times.

Walking distance to the Hall of Fame and Science Center. We actually walked most places as they were max, .5 miles away. Obviously in the summer that walk would be much more pleasant! But it wasn't that bad even in the winter.

Rooms were nice and the beds are really comfy. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple