Clifford House Bed and Breakfast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$104
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Downtown(Cleveland)(Great Value!)
$130
$126
Doubletree.com
$199
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bohio citywest side marketfresh fruitthird floor roomtwo blockswithin walking distancevisiting clevelandthree nightsthis past weekendjimsherlockapartmentbrewerieshosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My partner and I stayed in the John Schneider room, which was exactly as advertised--spacious and private. Jim., the host, was very amiable and helped us find our way around the neighborhood. The breakfasts we were served were both tasty and abundant. For coff drinkers, the aroma of freshly ground beans percolating in the dining room is a welcome invitation to breakfast. We look forward to returning during our next visit to Cleveland.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Jim made sure we had a wonderful week in Ohio City! His breakfasts are superb, the house is charming, and the location is perfect. Super-clean and comfortable accomodations.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I just finished a month long course at the Cleveland Clinic and had to find housing. I went online and chose the Clifford House and am I glad I did! I had an awesome stay.The "Ohio City" neighborhood hosts a small, yet full-line grocery store with ample fresh meats (fish) and produce plus an organic natural foods section. Wine and beer selection is really unbelieveable, although I hadn't much time for either. Not to mention the famous West Side Market a short walk away! That was worth coming to Cleveland for!!! It was better than Pike's market in Seattle!!! (Starting with food and drink, you can see what my priorities are!)
Actually, my priorities are neighborhood and feeling comfortable in my surroundings in a big city. Being from a rural area in Michigan and female, I was a little nervous about Cleveland. My day was getting up in the morning, making myself breakfast, taking the bus to and from the Clinic, shopping for food, cooking in my apartment, and studying. Using the usual precautions in a city, I felt safe at the Clifford House. Jim took me for a walk at the start of my stay, pointing out all the businesses and restaurants surrounding the Clifford.
I hope to return to Cleveland just for fun and will definately stay at the Clifford House!!!

Room Tip: If you like to cook, choose the apartment. It is fully equipped, and you can purchase ample groceries within walking distance.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Thumbite
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Son, wife, and I enjoyed our one-night's stay in the spacious and well-furnished apartment (including a driveway parking space). Jim gave us a warm welcome, making us feel more like friends staying the night rather than paying guests. The B&B is just a block away from Ohio City's main thoroughfare and attractions, which I've so come to enjoy. In the morning, Jim cooked us a tasty, filling breakfast which totally met the dietary preferences which we had voiced at the time we made our reservation. While I can't vouch for a perfect stay -- on account of our son's report of minor discomforts with the sleep sofa and spare bed in the apartment -- I greatly enjoyed Jim as a host and the Clifford House as a base for Ohio City's numerous charms and attractions. I would be happy to return to Clifford House and I highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Andrew1234
jayycee4, Owner at Clifford House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2011

Readers should note that the beds in question are a sleep sofa and a roll-away! A higher rate for a second room with a regular bed would have resulted in more comfort.

I thank the guest for an otherwise positive review.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a weekend in Cleveland with another couple. The purpose of our trip was to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

We selected the Clifford House B&B as our place to stay overnight based on the location - and it was perfect! Lots to do within walking distance of the bed and breakfast - great restaurants/bars/grocery store etc and only a 5 minute drive from the RRHF.

We were fortunate enough to be able to rent the selfcontained apartment attached to the Clifford house. This was perfect for two couples sharing the space. It had two very clean bathrooms, two beds (one upstairs and one down), plus a full sized kitchen.

The apartment was comfortable and cozy - and we would have been more than happy to spend several nights there. Our only complaint were the mattresses on the two beds - both couples commented that the mattresses have "dips" in the centre which causes you to roll into the centre of the mattress. So my suggestion to Jim the owner would be to look into replacing them with newer ones to improve your guests nights sleep.

The breakfast served the next morning was wonderful - more than enough food. Coffee was great too.

Overall the place was great and we would return again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank warmst

Sorry for your discomfort about the bed. You fail to mention one bed was a sleep sofa!

Both the sleep sofa and the bed mattress are newer quality products. Most guests find the full bed mattress in the bedroom very comfortable, and tell me so. The sleep sofa on the other hand is a sleep sofa. A higher guest rate for a second room with a regular bed would have addressed the issue. Sharing the Suite with the sleep sofa was considerably less. Most guests have commented on the comforable nature of the sleep sofa; better than expected.