“Worth the trip!”

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Admission, in Cleveland
Ranked #4 of 193 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is alive with the energy, passion and the spirit of music we celebrate. The 150,000 square-foot museum features seven floors, four theaters for films and ever-changing exhibits. Get a front row feeling for 30+ years of induction performance highlights through the all-new Power of Rock Experience. You can spend as little as an hour, or up to an entire day exploring all the Rock Hall's exhibits. Right here in Cleveland, Ohio, you will find the only museum devoted to the story of rock and roll! Photos (w/o flash) and video encouraged!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This trip was a bday gift for my husband. He was in heaven! There's almost too much to see. It took us approximately 3 1/2 hours to go through the entire thing. If you are a fan of any kind of music you will want to visit Rock Hall. My favorite part was the videos they were showing of performances that took place during induction ceremonies...I could have watched them all day!

1  Thank Jerseylovestotravel
Write a ReviewReviews (7,370)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Our weekend trip to Cleveland was centered on eating and the RR Hall. We spent 4+ hours and could have easily spent several more hours here. The place is besides the Browns stadium so be careful not to plan your visit on a day they are playing. Highly recommended for any music fan.

2  Thank David W
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Fascinating museum with well-organized, informative exhibits and lots of audiovisual opportunities. We spent several hours there and barely scratched the surface. The museum store has the most extensive CD selection I've ever seen. Only downside was decidedly average cafe.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Wish we'd had all day to spend there. I was fascinated--would have read each display if we had the time. It's incredible to see costumes, etc that belonged to famous rockers. I would go back given the opportunity.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have mixed feeling about visiting this place. I was so excited to visit because I love rock and classic rock so was looking forward to a unique experience. When we got there though, it was a little disappointing. Even though they had some one of a kind items and nice displays, it was a lot of reading of cards in showcases and pictures of people I'd never heard of. There was a huge section about radio personalities and even though I know they play an important part in the history of rock and roll, it was kind of boring. The main attraction in the time we were there was a display of the history of "the Doors" but they were in the process of tearing it down to put up something else at the time so that was disappointing too. There were some neat displays of costumes and memorabilia. I was thinking that for the most popular artists (eg. the Beatles, Elvis, etc.), they would have had large permanent displays but no such things were there. As I left the building, I was feeling a little let down and sorry to say, wouldn't return or recommend it to anyone else.