“Rockin!”

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Admission
Ranked #6 of 187 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is alive with the energy, passion and the spirit of music we celebrate. The 150,000 square-foot museum features seven floors, four theaters for films and ever-changing exhibits. Get a front row feeling for 30+ years of induction performance highlights through the all-new Power of Rock Experience. You can spend as little as an hour, or up to an entire day exploring all the Rock Hall's exhibits. Right here in Cleveland, Ohio, you will find the only museum devoted to the story of rock and roll! Photos (w/o flash) and video encouraged!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Loved this place! It brought back such great memories. Learned things I did not know. A must for the music fan!

There are newer reviews for Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Growing up in the sixties, this place has been on my to-do list for many years. It was even better than I expected. We spent an entire Sunday afternoon here with friends until the place closed at 5:30, and we all would have stayed longer. I especially liked the films, which keep repeating on loops--a 12-minute introductory film on the history (don't miss), clips from performers on American Bandstand, a behind-the-scenes look at Elvis tours, Beatles albums, clips from the Hall of Fame Awards presentations. People wander into open rooms, take a seat or stand, and leave when they want. (Except the introductory film--that one has a start time, and the doors are closed.)

Our group wished we had allowed enough time to see the entire recap film of all the Hall of Fame inductees, which is at the end if you follow the way you are guided in the brochure. Each year is presented with clips of film and music of the inductees. We came in during 1994 and watched every year through 2013 at which time the museum was closing. So we missed 1986-1993. Each segment lasts about 3 minutes--the entire film is 75 minutes. Since an artist can't be inducted until 25 years after their first song is released, the 2000's had more performers that weren't that familiar to me as more singers from the 80's were inducted then. But every year had at least one artist that went back to earlier times, so we kept watching.

I recommend reviewing the website before your visit so you allow enough time for the parts that you don't want to miss.

1  Thank dkaval
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I'm from Memphis, and I loved it! It was so neat to see all of these artists in one place. The autograph room was very cool and a good way to end the visit.I really enjoyed seeing the lyric sheets to songs that I love. Everything was displayed well, old cars, outfits, guitars. I liked that there were even more recent inclusions for younger guests who may not know as much about older music. The historical displays about musical equipment, etc were interesting. The venue in itself was worth seeing, nice location, lighting, clean. It was also touching to see the humanization of some artists through the displays - Jim Morrison's cub scout suit and Jimi Hendrix's childhood drawings. Very well done. I was afraid that my bias of wishing it were in Memphis would get the best of me, but I think Cleveland has done it right and has the visitors and resources to sustain it. Kudos! Thanks for a nice time!

1  Thank 320Stephanie
Reviewed April 21, 2013

we are founding members of the Rock Hall and have enjoyed every visit and taking new visitors along hearing what they have enjoyed best there is always of interest. I just took my 12 yearold niece and she was a blast to expose to the history of Rock. Great location next to science center as well.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful building and laid out historically. Spend an afternoon reminiscing about the old days. Great sounds and memorabilia too! Cafe and gift shop of course.