I hadn't stayed in a Holiday Inn since I was a child and a 30 year old( now 47). I was excited to try the chain after such a long period of time. I kept readings the reviews, even the negative ones. Hoping that we would get fortunate with a great stay and comfortable room.
Here are the specifics, the front desk staff very good and extremely helpful. Quoting from another reviewer, the walls are paper thin so be kind to your neighbors. Ol- fashioned elevators with dings on the inside of them. The key card to start the elevator is necessary since the elevators start anyway. This should be tightened up for better security.. Bathroom is quite regular and remarkable, with a long counter top, bad gouting, loose faucet crumbling fading yellowed wallpaper. The bedroom is enormous. The size is amazing it makes up for some of the minor problems. The beds and quite comfortable.
There are dings on some of the furniture pieces in the room and an older TV, dusty floors. Old Cleveland Visitor magazine on dresser. Lightning in room was quite good lamps placed properly for good illumination. Walls of room good overall. Room windows need washing on outside. Curtains may need updating. I had hoped this was one of the Holiday Inns with the updating. All in all the hotel is good. It has trendy feel which is probably due to its housing in an old bank. Amazing lobby area.The diner Sammys in the lobby had an amazing breakfast. Disappointed it wasn't opened on Sundays. Took forever to find a place to eat. The Holiday inn breakfast pretty bad. Our room was 707. Maybe higer floor rooms are more updated. Once the updating gets to this hotel it will rate pretty amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a VIDEO TOUR of our hotel. Take a step back in time as you enter this 19th century historic Guardian Bank Building converted into one of the finest Cleveland hotels. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland - Downtown is located in downtown Cleveland's financial district between E. 9th St and E. 6th St on Euclid Ave. We are within walking distance from Cleveland s main attractions including: LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers Q Arena, Cleveland Browns Stadium, , Warehouse District, Scene Pavilion, Tower city, House of Blues, Cleveland State University, Playhouse Square, etc. With 9 different room types, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown has a room for every need. We feature the largest standard guest rooms in Cleveland, two room suites, Jacuzzi suites, rooms with kitchenettes and meeting rooms. We also offer vacation packages to Cleveland s major attractions including: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Pickwick and Frolic Comedy Club, House of Blues and The Cleveland Clinic. We are now also offering free high speed Internet access in every guest room and meeting room. Visit Cleveland, OH and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelPower, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Ohio
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Ohio