Mixed business and short winter vacation, brought family along December 28-31. Needed to be close to the Quicken Areana (as to not have to drive downtown during winter snow season) so the location on Euclid is perfect. Short walk to the Fourth Street shops, restaurant, bars (including House of Blues, Comedy Club and Bowling Alley). Good pubs in the area including Flannery's and Morioritie's (sp) and Harry Buffalo.
We are on the 15th floor with a lakeview room. The room has high ceilings, separate kitchenette, sitting-room, bedroom with two queen-sized beds (rooms are not physically separated by doors). Do not notice any strange odors as reported in previous posts. Hotel is beautiful. Elevators are small but efficient and all appear to be operational. There is only a check-in desk in the lobby but second floor mezzanine has sitting areas, televisions, computer and dest, pool tables and plenty of space.
Staff is friendly and attentive (slight issue yesterday getting bedding for pull-out, but that was resolved in the morning). This was due to a late check-in and upgrade. Sammy"s breakfest and lunch (in the lobby) is excellent for meals. There is also a deli and news stand off the lobby as well. There is limited street-front space for guest drop-off and pick-up so be prepared to make a few laps if you arrive at busy times.
Tip: Parking is off of Euclid on Sixth (enter garage, pick up ticket and self-park) be sure to bring the ticket with you to check-in. Desk staff will validate the ticket and then you can use it to exit (this is a totally automatic garage with no attendent).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a VIDEO TOUR of our hotel. Take a step back in time as you enter this 19th century historic Guardian Bank Building converted into one of the finest Cleveland hotels. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland - Downtown is located in downtown Cleveland's financial district between E. 9th St and E. 6th St on Euclid Ave. We are within walking distance from Cleveland s main attractions including: LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers Q Arena, Cleveland Browns Stadium, , Warehouse District, Scene Pavilion, Tower city, House of Blues, Cleveland State University, Playhouse Square, etc. With 9 different room types, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown has a room for every need. We feature the largest standard guest rooms in Cleveland, two room suites, Jacuzzi suites, rooms with kitchenettes and meeting rooms. We also offer vacation packages to Cleveland s major attractions including: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Pickwick and Frolic Comedy Club, House of Blues and The Cleveland Clinic. We are now also offering free high speed Internet access in every guest room and meeting room. Visit Cleveland, OH and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Ohio
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Ohio