First of all, I am an employee of a Holiday Inn Full service hotel in the downriver michigan area. I have woked at hotels for about 3 years, but have only been at this holidy inn for about 6 months.
so naturally, as an employee, I recieved a discounted rate for my stay when I visited Cleveland last weekend. I stayed 5/31/14 to 6/2/14. This was partially a stay to impress my girlfriend and to take her out to the great resturants down there. I had planned this trip for months. ( about 3) and as I am not rich, I dont plan on making alot of trips this year, this was about it, I wanted it to be great. I called to ask if upgrades might be available the day i arrive, I calld to see what ammenities they had, I called to see how far they were from certain places, I called ablout everything. I was prepared. Also, because I didnt have a vehicle I needed to be extra prepared. upon arrival I announced that I had just called (for the 100th time) the night prior to make sure that my upgrade was approved and the Front desk associate stated that I was not allowed to get an upgrade and that my reservation was not changed to a king suite, but instead it was changed to a 2 queen bedroom. ( how rommantic ) blah! I was so upset. i had been traveling for hours and I just wanted something to go right. The guy at he front desk proceeded to argue with me because I am an employee (was I not paying still??) (umm, yes, yes I was paying....) and therefore as an employee I should know that these things are not allowed and that we are to recieve "whatever is available. If anything is at all" .....!!!! you mean I travel down here for maybe nothing?? first of all, the guy didnt knw if I was a front desk agent who knew the ins and outs of the business or if I was just a bathroom or lobby attendant who just knows how to mop floors.... and he treated me like I was an idiot, and made me feel so stupid for not knowing the fine print that I was never told about. anyways, accepted the 2 queen room because I had no choice.
went to my room, and I was in tears. I wanted this to be a romantic, nice weekend in, at the very least, a room with only one bed... I was finding every littl thing wrong with the room, i mean, stupid things, like a wrinkle in the bed, a misquito flying around, anything. then, a knock on the door.... The OTHER front desk associate that was there listening in on the whole thing, was at my door. Her name I believe was sherry. I will be calling to find out exactly what her name was and talking to her manager about her. She was so nice!! she apologized for the rude man, who btw never apologized, sympothized with the situation and proceeded to tell me that she looked at my reservation which tells you how many times i called and it was accessed by other associates. she could see that I was telling the truth and that I had been planning it for a while. She then pulled new keys from her pocket like a majic trick! I was glowing! she upgraded us to a suite, (which btw, if you didnt catch it earlier, the rude guy told m they were out of....suprise!!) we went to our new room. It was GREAT! BTW, all there rooms have harwood floors, very very comfy beds and very clean ...EVERYTHING! the room was emaculate ! the hotel staff from then on were so helpful and kind and customer service oriented. Plus, they had a billiards room with pool and arcade, a huge breakfast area with great breakfast and they were always wiling to help! I want to recommend that everyone stay here. I have been to alot of hotels and I have never seen a hotel as clean, efficient and with great customer service as this one! 12 out of 10 stars! I will definatley be back! Thank you so much for making my year and giving me a bar for every hotel I ever stay at to have to rise up to ! And Sherry Should get a raise !! I mean, she should be a manager or something, she knew exactly what to say and when to say it, she was so polite and so sincere, so happy and very helpful. If not for her, even with the upgrade, I would not come back... she made it all work! thank you !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a VIDEO TOUR of our hotel. Take a step back in time as you enter this 19th century historic Guardian Bank Building converted into one of the finest Cleveland hotels. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland - Downtown is located in downtown Cleveland's financial district between E. 9th St and E. 6th St on Euclid Ave. We are within walking distance from Cleveland s main attractions including: LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers Q Arena, Cleveland Browns Stadium, , Warehouse District, Scene Pavilion, Tower city, House of Blues, Cleveland State University, Playhouse Square, etc. With 9 different room types, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown has a room for every need. We feature the largest standard guest rooms in Cleveland, two room suites, Jacuzzi suites, rooms with kitchenettes and meeting rooms. We also offer vacation packages to Cleveland s major attractions including: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Pickwick and Frolic Comedy Club, House of Blues and The Cleveland Clinic. We are now also offering free high speed Internet access in every guest room and meeting room. Visit Cleveland, OH and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Ohio
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Ohio