“Unique Character close to everything”

Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Arlington, Virginia
“Unique Character close to everything”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

This hotel situated right downtown is unique in that it used to be a bank. The lobby is a sparce echo chamber but dont judge the place by this initial setting. The room I had had 16' ceilings, hardwood floors and 12' tall windows. Shocking really to have this much space all to myself! The rooms are well appointed with desk and flat screen TV with almost 100 channels available. Ample closet, large bathroom, everything you need and a dance hall to boot. I overlooked one item upon arrival that made my morning very interesting, the shower curtain was absent! My first thought was of a european bathroom where the entire space was a shower but with no visible floor drain, I was left to shower with much after spray. I would have called down but my schedule dicatated there was no time to wait. The toilet made some filling noises periodically but with the door closed it was not audible in the room. Small things really that did not overshadow a decent stay. The staff host a nightly managers reception in the dining area, which is quite nice, situated on the mezzanine, where nibbles and drinks are offered and their is an actual manager there to greet you. The breakfast is also complimentary and has hot and cold items which will satisfy all appetites. There is a games area with pool table and a video arcade for the teens, something important for families with teens.
Within a stone's throw is the 4th street promanade, with bars and restauarants aplenty and a nice no cars street walk. Shopping is plentyful as well with 5th st arcade just steps away and the Skyway Center Mall about 10 minutes on foot. Close to the Rock and Roll Museum seals the deal. I was here for business but a tourist would love the location as well!

Room Tip: I had a room facing the street but found no traffic noise to contend with. If arriving in winter, tu...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CD R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
waterford, mi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

We went to Cleveland to visit my cousin who was having surgery at the Cleveland Clinic and my husband and I thought it would be nice to stay downtown and enjoy a little of the town while we were there as well, but until I found the Holiday Inn Express Downtown, the others hotels were WAY too expensive and out of our budget. I found the Holiday Inn and the reviews looked pretty good and I was VERY pleasantly surprised when we got there. They were so nice at check in and even let us check in early. The lobby was beautiful and there was a small restaurant there as well. I was even more pleased when we got up to the room! It was large, quiet, clean, and quite frankly, just beautiful! The high ceilings and tall windows on the 15th floor where we were just made our room feel like a 5 star hotel room! I LOVED the hard wood floors - it just seemed so much cleaner than carpeted rooms and the room didn't echo and wasn't loud in any way like some of the other reviewers stated. The breakfast area was so large and it was WAY better than many other hotels where I have stayed and there was a cramped area where a bunch of people tried cramming into. This area was very nice, spread out and some of the tables were by the window where you could look out onto the street. The breakfast wasn't just bagels and waffles, they had eggs, bacon, gravy, pancakes, wonderful cinnamon rolls, and a the usual assortment of breads or bagels and cereal. This was a wonderful, complimentary breakfast and saved us a TON of money. We were so full afterwards it held us until we ate dinner out!! All in all, we had a wonderful time in Cleveland, thanks in part to the Holiday Inn!!

Room Tip: We were in 1502 and it was just great!! No complaints at all!
1 Thank psoupWaterford
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stay here often when going to Indians and Cavs games. It is a great location and in walking distance to both Progressive Field and the Q. It is also just steps away from all the restaurants and bars of 4th street. The room are very spacious and clean. Beds are super comfy! For the price you can't beat it!

Room Tip: We somehow also get a corner room, super spacious!
2 Thank DJK112
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Unbelievable experience! The hotel was absolutely beautiful and the room was gorgeous! My husband and I stayed in a king jacuzzi room and it was perfect. The sleep quality was excellent. The bed was comfortable with huge king sized pillows. The staff was very nice and accommodating, and the breakfast was great! A hidden gem in Cleveland! And not expensive at all! Thank you for an excellent get away!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
MRP22, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
pagal1966,
It was our pleasure! Thank YOU for staying with us! We are so happy to hear you had a great experience.

New Philadelphia, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed in a king jacuzzi room in February 2011for a mini get away with my boyfriend. The room was huge and gorgeous!! Not your typical chain hotel room. Hardwood floors, floor to ceiling windows, an entryway that doubled as mini kitchenette and a huge jacuzzi tub. This room was fabulously priced for the experience it offered. My 2011 visit was during the winter and it would have been chilly to walk too far, however this hotel is within walking distance of many great venues, restraunts, and bars. I have been waiting for the opportunity to stay again and excitedly booked a room today for a concert I will be attending with my friends. I can't wait to stay at this darling hotel again!!!

1 Thank JackieVdp
JackieVdp,

Thank for staying at the Holiday Inn Expresss Cleveland Downtown! I am thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel so much! Thank you for sharing your experience. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Solon, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

The old National City Bank building looks awesome as a hotel. The hardwood floors were all preserved. The rooms are large and comfortable. The only issues we had was with our toilet (it didn't flush properly) and the heat. It was very cold outside when we stayed there so the heat came on quite often. It heated way up and then cooled way down.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Janet H,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience! I am sorry to hear about the heat and toilet issues. If there is anything about your stay you would like to discuss in more detail, please feel free to contact me at anytime. Thanks again!

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

My husband and I live 12 miles away, but we decided to make a night of it downtown for my birthday. We booked this hotel because it was perfectly located for all of our plans. We were pleasantly surprised. It was spectacular for a Holiday Inn Express! Located in a historic bank building, our room had the feel of a boutique hotel with its big rooms and windows, high ceilings and hardwood floors. We had a corner room on the 14th floor with great views and lots of privacy. The furnishings were cool and modern. The only thing I should mention about this particular room is the very loud heating unit. (And I mean it's LOUD!) Since my husband needs white noise in order to sleep soundly, it didn't bother us at all, but it would probably bother others. The breakfast room is also spacious and beautiful! We didn't eat there but the free breakfast looked to be a little above the quality of the usual fare you would get at this hotel price point. We opted for an old school diner breakfast at Sammy's in the lobby of the building. Yum! Parking is $15/night at an easily accessible garage next door. We will definitely come back to this hotel, and we will recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in the very center of the action in downtown Cleveland.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Goviemom
Goviemom,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Our guest's feedback means a lot to us! So happy to hear you were pleasently surprised :)