Well, I've always wanted to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, so when my son said "Let's go", I jumped at the opportunity. The drive from just north of Toronto through Fort Erie/Buffalo was around 5 1/2 hours. We drove all night to grab an extra day in Cleveland. After breakfast at a greasy spoon (is there any better breakfasts?) we swung by the hotel around 7:30am, knowing full well that our checkin time was 4 in the afternoon. I asked to check in and they did so graciously. That gave us a base to recharge our batteries before heading out to see the sites. A renovated old factory with 13 foot ceilings, hardwood floors and location, location, location! My gawd, this is right downtown and within walking distance of everything. We took in an Indians ball game at Progressive Field. Closer than the ball yard to the hotel is The Quicken, where The Cavaliers play NBA. In the other direction, the home of the Cleveland Browns is a stone's throw away. As is the RR HOF. Tired of walking? There are 4 trolley routes around the downtown core........all FREE. What I was amazed at was, for a city of 320,000, there was next to no traffic downtown!
Breakfast is included each morning at this hotel......buffet with lots of choices so come hungry. All in all, a fabulously located hotel, well within the budget of anyone. I'm not one that needs to have turn down service or chocolates on my pillows. Just give me a cheap, clean hotel......a place to rest my bones, and I'm happy. You'll find just that at the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Cleveland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a VIDEO TOUR of our hotel. Take a step back in time as you enter this 19th century historic Guardian Bank Building converted into one of the finest Cleveland hotels. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland - Downtown is located in downtown Cleveland's financial district between E. 9th St and E. 6th St on Euclid Ave. We are within walking distance from Cleveland s main attractions including: LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers Q Arena, Cleveland Browns Stadium, , Warehouse District, Scene Pavilion, Tower city, House of Blues, Cleveland State University, Playhouse Square, etc. With 9 different room types, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown has a room for every need. We feature the largest standard guest rooms in Cleveland, two room suites, Jacuzzi suites, rooms with kitchenettes and meeting rooms. We also offer vacation packages to Cleveland s major attractions including: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Pickwick and Frolic Comedy Club, House of Blues and The Cleveland Clinic. We are now also offering free high speed Internet access in every guest room and meeting room. Visit Cleveland, OH and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Ohio
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Ohio