I stayed here while in Cleveland for the Senior National Games. I booked a suite since it was the only room type that was available even though I booked early. The suite had a large sitting area (~ 16' x 18') separated from the sleeping area by a full and half wall. This arrangement would not have been good with two people if one wanted to sleep and the other was up with the light, or TV, on in the sitting area.
There was also a small kitchenette with a mini-fridge and a microwave. The fridge did not have a freezer compartment. The kitchenette had a hot mitt, bottle opener, cork screw and numerous glass glasses. All of the other plates/bowls were Styrofoam. There was a small table for dining at in the sitting area, but there was only the desk chair to use at the table. This would have been a problem if two people wanted to eat together at the table.
The bed was firm, but comfortable. I slept very well. The room was quiet and dark. The bathroom was well lit, but there is no exhaust fan (too common in many hotels) so the mirror fogged up when you shower. The shower head is high on the wall and the water flow in the shower was very strong. The bath towels were soft.
While I saw numerous comments about the parking before I got to the hotel, I found this to be very straightforward. The parking garage is located just around the corner from the hotel and you just need to have your parking ticket validated at the front desk every time you return from the garage. This allows you to exit the garage without paying. You can enter and exit as much as you need to and the daily charge for parking is just added to your bill. While I think that $14 a day for parking is a little high, the logistics seemed to work just fine.
The hotel has very little carpeting. Almost all of the flooring is wood with some marble tile. In fact, it took me a while before I noticed the few places there was any carpeting (entertainment center, one flight of stairs, etc.). I found this to be really nice due to my allergies.
The breakfast in the morning is standard Holiday Inn Express fare. Even though the hotel was very full there seemed to be enough seating in the breakfast area and the staff kept the food well stocked. The only exception was the first morning when they ran out of bananas which I imagine were in great demand due to the large number of senior athletes staying at the hotel. There was no shortage for the next three days.
The hotel is conveniently located in downtown Cleveland. I walked every day to the Convention Center (about 7 or 8 blocks) for our volleyball competition. It is also within walking distance of the Quicken Center and the baseball park. There is an RTA stop in the front of the hotel. There are also many restaurants within a few blocks of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a VIDEO TOUR of our hotel. Take a step back in time as you enter this 19th century historic Guardian Bank Building converted into one of the finest Cleveland hotels. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland - Downtown is located in downtown Cleveland's financial district between E. 9th St and E. 6th St on Euclid Ave. We are within walking distance from Cleveland s main attractions including: LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers Q Arena, Cleveland Browns Stadium, , Warehouse District, Scene Pavilion, Tower city, House of Blues, Cleveland State University, Playhouse Square, etc. With 9 different room types, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown has a room for every need. We feature the largest standard guest rooms in Cleveland, two room suites, Jacuzzi suites, rooms with kitchenettes and meeting rooms. We also offer vacation packages to Cleveland s major attractions including: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Pickwick and Frolic Comedy Club, House of Blues and The Cleveland Clinic. We are now also offering free high speed Internet access in every guest room and meeting room. Visit Cleveland, OH and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Ohio
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Ohio