“Gorgeous comfy rooms!”

Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved this place! Gorgeous gym floors, tall ceilings and my room had a killer
Jet tub!! I always thought crap of Cleveland but between this hotel and the nearby beach I won't mind heading back there for work!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Chdcarro
MRP22, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Chdcarro,

Thank you for staying with us! I am so happy to hear that you have a better impression of Cleveland, Ohio due to your recent visit. Our city is so full of life, creativity, great people, great attractions and AMAZING food and has really become a shining example of what it means to make a comeback. We are so proud of our city and our hotel, it is so awesome to hear that you, our guest, is seeing it the same way we do. I will be sure to share your kind comments with our staff and Visitors Bureau. They will be so excited! Thank you for posting, and again for staying with us. We will see you again soon!

Guest Relations Manager
P: 216.443.1000

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in early 2011 and had absolutely no problems. Following that visit, I gave a very positive review on this site. I visited Cleveland again earlier this year and stayed at this same hotel. This visit was far less pleasant. When I checked in the man at the front desk told me he could not find my reservation even though I had made one weeks in advance. He acted as if I was asking him to perform some huge task to check again. He was very smug and cocky about it as if I were asking his to do something other than his job. Eventually we found my reservation(turns out he typed my name in wrong) and I got my keys and went up to my room. Once getting to my room I just wanted to lay down after a long trip but my keys did not work and I could not get inside. I went back down to the lobby to tell the worker who gave me the keys that they did not work. When I handed them to him, he just looked at them and told me to try again. I told him that they still were not going to work because he did nothing but look at them. He then said to me, "What do you know?" I told him I wanted to speak with someone else and he just walked away. He did not get another worker. I waited for 15 minutes before another worker came out. She apologized for the keys not working and gave me new ones. She was very nice although I was left with a very bitter feeling after dealing with the first worker. I am very surprised this hotel would hire people who would be so rude and smug with customers. Next time I visit Cleveland(which I do frequently) I'll be sure to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

ExplorerTW,

Thank you so much for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown for your recent trip to Cleveland. I am so sorry to hear you were so disappointed by the service you received. This is totally our of character for our front desk staff and I would love the opportunity to speak with you about this situation in more detail. I would really appreciate it if you could call me at 216.443.1000 ext 4402 or e-mail me at mariap@experiencecleveland.com. Again, I am so sorry to hear of the poor service you were provided, we live a service culture that is dedicated to genuine midwestern hospitality and value the relationships that we create with our guests. Our intentions are to leave you impressed, not to shock you in a negative way and in this we have failed. We will use your review as a training tool for the front desk staff to help us provide the level of service that we are aiming for. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It is truly a gift. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Guest Relations Manager
P: 216.443.1000

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the past year. I strongly feel that for the price this is the best hotel to stay at if you are going to The Horseshoe. I pay a little over $100 with my AAA discount and the rooms are clean with hardwood floors. Don't get me wrong it isn't a 5 star hotel but you can't beat the price. 2 years ago I picked a different hotel to go to by the casino payed twice the price and it's was father away and absolutely disgusting.

Room Tip: There is a parking garage around the corner. The Holiday Inn will give you a discount if you park th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

KittyKatla,

Thank you for staying with us! Here at the Holiday Inn Express, we pride ourselves on offering everything that you need and nothing that you don't. This helps us provide some of the most competitive prices downtown. Our rates include Wi-Fi and Breakfast and our $14 self-parking is the cheapest of any other nearby hotel. It just makes sense. Thats why we always tell everyone to "Stay Smart!" I am so glad that you enjoyed the hardwood floors too. Let us know when you will be back! Win big at Horseshoe for us next time! Thank you for your review and see you soon!

216.443.1000

Reviewed June 24, 2013

All in all, I was very happy with our stay, *but* if it would bother you not to have maid service for 3 days, you might not like this. On the first day, they tried to come at around 8 (!), but we were still in bed. After that, we didn't see them. On the other hand, I found the people at the front desk to be very helpful. We never had breakfast there, so I can't comment on that.

The location is very convenient to restaurants, etc. I didn't mind that the parking was across the street.

One other possibly large drawback is that the sound insulation is not very good. We could hear every possible noise in the hallway.

The bed was pretty soft and made a lot of noise, and the pillows weren't too good, but that didn't bother me.

It is a former bank that has been converted into a hotel. I really liked the style of the room and the building in general. It has a quirky, modern, retro feel that was much nicer than I expected.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank l_sf_l
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is an old turn-of-the-century office building that was turned into a hotel. My room on one of the top floors was amazing. Hardwood floors, large windows, great view, modern and stylish decor. It was like living in a loft. Plus, the location relative to night life establishments is terrific.

Parking was a royal pain however. You have to go to an adjacent parking garage, get a ticket, have the hotel staff endorse it. Plus, the smell of urine in the parking garage hits you like a punch in the face. Breakfast was very inadequate- especially for such an opulent building. This is a small price to pay however, as the room and location were far beyond my expectations!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms offer great views of the city!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JayD9340
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Beautiful historic building close to everything that you would want to walk to. The staff was amazing and helpful especially where the children were concerned. Our room was beautiful, with hardwood floors and maybe 13 foot ceilings. My boys, ages 6 and 8 said they wanted to live there forever because it was "magical". We will stay here again!! The breakfast buffet was perfect too...lots of varieties and delicious coffee.

Room Tip: They have an arcade and pool table on level M...perfect for the kiddos when they got a little squirm...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ada R
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Loved the historical bank building with hardwood floors, the use of old and new decor and style, great staff, there is a lot of history and beautiful sights still in Cleveland. The city is definitely progressing and is worth a trip.

• Stayed: May 2013