There were things we loved about this hotel: location, size of room, architecture and overall experience. However, like a previous reviewer we did not have wi-fi in our room and this was a big issue. I did have a number to call the provider, but who wants to go through that hassle? I did and it took numerous calls and waiting overnight to have the problem resolved. The hotel handled it as well as they could and checked in to see if it was working the next day (it was). The front desk was always polite and willing to please, which goes a long way with me.
I guess beds are hit and miss at hotels and ours was not comfortable at all. You can't really fault this, though, because some might like them, some not. What could be fixed was the sheets. They were horribly rough and not nice to sleep on. My face was red from the pillow cases in the morning (pillows were not comfy either).
All that said, we really liked the high ceilings and large room, as we spent a lot of time in there over the weekend, we were on the 12th floor which had an awesome view. I felt safe in the hotel and for the most part it was quiet (other than heating unit that others mentioned being noisy) It was very clean and breakfast was typical hotel fare in a nice area. I did see longer lines at the front desk on Saturday when people were trying to check-in, we had no problem Friday night, but the staff were handling it efficiently. I would not hesitate going to this hotel again but if you are considering it please read all the reviews here so you get an idea of what to expect. It is not your typical hotel, but we actually liked it's uniqueness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a VIDEO TOUR of our hotel. Take a step back in time as you enter this 19th century historic Guardian Bank Building converted into one of the finest Cleveland hotels. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland - Downtown is located in downtown Cleveland's financial district between E. 9th St and E. 6th St on Euclid Ave. We are within walking distance from Cleveland s main attractions including: LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers Q Arena, Cleveland Browns Stadium, , Warehouse District, Scene Pavilion, Tower city, House of Blues, Cleveland State University, Playhouse Square, etc. With 9 different room types, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown has a room for every need. We feature the largest standard guest rooms in Cleveland, two room suites, Jacuzzi suites, rooms with kitchenettes and meeting rooms. We also offer vacation packages to Cleveland s major attractions including: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Pickwick and Frolic Comedy Club, House of Blues and The Cleveland Clinic. We are now also offering free high speed Internet access in every guest room and meeting room. Visit Cleveland, OH and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Ohio
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Ohio