WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown

Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
West Des Moines, Iowa
“A Holiday In Express? REALLY?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

This hotel in a converted bank building is a gem in downtown Cleveland. We booked on Hotwire and got a phenomenal rate and were SHOCKED when this room had 15' ceilings, hardwood floors, two queen beds and enough space for a small party. The location is walking to distance to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Lake Erie and an awesom row of restaurants and bars just blocks from the hotel. Newly remodeled and still in process, this property will be the go-to spot for Cleveland-goers in the future!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Scott S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Belleville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

Visited Cleveland for the first time, this past week. The Holiday Inn is an old bank renovated into a hotel. HUGE rooms with very nice beds. HOWEVER, with such nice rooms, they need more than just one chair.Excellent location in the downtown core. Excellent service from the staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

This was my second stay at the hotel and I was afraid my high expectations from the first stay would lead me to disappointment. Happily, the staff were just as friendly, the room was clean and lovely and my stay was perfect.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank lindadavrath
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

This hotel seems highly underrated to me. We’ve stayed twice now and both times we’ve receive extremely friendly, helpful service and the rooms are spotless! The hardwood floors are a wonderful touch and the rooms are quite large and spacious. We booked a room with a Jacuzzi and it was wonderful to relax in during the evening. I love all the old architecture in the building, it is truly unique. The one room we stayed in even had a great half circle window that overlooked the city (we were 13 floors up). The hotel is within walking distance to some great restaurants and bars as well as the Sailors and Soldiers monument and the old arcade, which are wonderful site seeing spots. If you need to park a car, the parking garage is right around the corner. You just have the front desk stamp your ticket when you come in or before you leave, and there is always someone there to help you. There is also a complimentary breakfast which is standard, but appreciated. When we return to Cleveland this will definitely be our go to spot. The value is absolutely fantastic!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Inferno2727
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

I stayed at this hotel at the recommendation of family. I was promptly greeted by the front desk staff. My room was ready when I checked in. The place was immaculate. I had one of the higher floor rooms and had outstanding views of the city. The bed was comfy. The room was cleaned while I was out during the day. Breakfast at the hotel had a lot of options to choose from. The only downside that I saw was that the breakfast room is difficult to get to with luggage. The front desk staff offered assistance with getting to area attractions. The hotel is within walking distance to everything in Cleveland and it felt relatively safe for being in a city. I would stay here again if I travel through Cleveland again. There is a bank connected to the hotel lobby that reminds me of the one in Mary Poppins. There is a restaurant in the hotel lobby with good food if you're not interested in the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank flowergirl3785
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

I liked this hotel so much I even wrote a complementary letter to the company. The staff was incredibly helpful--which is rare for hotels both in America and especially in Cleveland. (I grew up near Cleveland, so I can say that.) Because I was a member of their hotel group, I got to spin a wheel, which yielded such prizes as 10% off, a free hotel room, or an upgrade. We got the upgrade and were booked into an executive suite, which was spacious and lovely. We were there for the Rite Aid Marathon as well, so the hot tub was a huge bonus. When we go back next May, I'll definitely be staying at the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Become a member. It's free amd you get to spin a wheel for great prizes!