I do not live in a city but visit them frequently for my work. I travel alone and tend to gravitate to HI Expresses. This place intrigued me because it was originally a bank in downtown Cleveland. I am always marveling at old buildings in cities and hate to see them standing dormant. That was my major motivator for staying at this hotel. PROS: Location - one afternoon I took a brisk walk to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame from here. Also, outdoor dining with plenty of options just a block and a half away on 4th Street. Soldiers and sailors monument also nearby. Another pro: The rooms - gorgeous hard wood floors, very high ceilings, and meticulously clean. Something about staying in that room really made me feel lucky (I know, that's odd). I was on the 14th floor and had an awesome view to boot. CONS: Parking. Figure it out before you arrive because parking out front can be next to impossible even to seek parking garage directions. For the record, (with the hotel on your passenger side) the parking garage is the first turn to the right and the first garage to the left. Easy once you know how to get there. Another CON: Remodeling. It appears that there is still some remodeling going on (a good thing really) and the front desk does not lend itself toward seeming professionally run or managed. There were staff lounging around that seemed very casual and laid back. Traveling alone that gave me some pause. Overall though I would stay here again. Once you get past the little rough spots, it was a cool place for a different experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a VIDEO TOUR of our hotel. Take a step back in time as you enter this 19th century historic Guardian Bank Building converted into one of the finest Cleveland hotels. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland - Downtown is located in downtown Cleveland's financial district between E. 9th St and E. 6th St on Euclid Ave. We are within walking distance from Cleveland s main attractions including: LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers Q Arena, Cleveland Browns Stadium, , Warehouse District, Scene Pavilion, Tower city, House of Blues, Cleveland State University, Playhouse Square, etc. With 9 different room types, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown has a room for every need. We feature the largest standard guest rooms in Cleveland, two room suites, Jacuzzi suites, rooms with kitchenettes and meeting rooms. We also offer vacation packages to Cleveland s major attractions including: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Pickwick and Frolic Comedy Club, House of Blues and The Cleveland Clinic. We are now also offering free high speed Internet access in every guest room and meeting room. Visit Cleveland, OH and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Ohio
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Ohio