“A nice place - Next door to arena and ballfield”

Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Franklin, TN
“A nice place - Next door to arena and ballfield”
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I travel a lot and I think this hotel hasn't received a fair rap from some folks. It's a Radisson and that is typically mid-range. This hotel feels a bit like a boutique hotel and everyone was very friendly. And you're literally across the street from Indians and Cavaliers games. I traveled to see some baseball, and would absolutely stay here again. Some cool bars just down the street, as well. It's clean and comfortable. If you want excess there's a Ritz near the train station.

• Stayed August 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 15, 2010

It hotel was in an ideal location for us on our anniversary, near the stadium and our restaurant selection. When we arrived, the room I booked with king size bed was not available, but only double beds. Real romantic for an anniversary, right. The desk clerk didn't care to seem much that this is not what been confirmed for us. But oh well, the room was nice enough for the price. However, the bathroom was dirty, my wife didn't quite enjoy washing the scum outta the shower. The walls in the rooms was paper thin, least when the air kicked on the drowned everything else out. The highly touted sleep number bed, is also laughable, didn't make much of a different in the sleep quality. So for us this hotel didn't quite satisfy us on most levels except for location.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Lumberton
Reviewed August 10, 2010

This is a very nice hotel in a great location. You get complimentary breakfast and manager's reception (on certain nights). You are one block away from the Indian's baseball field which is very nice. You are basically across the street from the Q arena. It is a short walk to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. You are a few blocks from the 4th street area which has the night life. You cannot go wrong with this hotel and the price is very reasonable. Be aware of the $20 parking fee.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Its such a shame this hotel gets a bad rep. I had read reviews close to the time I was to check in and to be honest I was a little scared to stay. But to my great surprise It was wonderful. The staff was amazing the rooms was outstanding. I loved how our room was set up. It was like staying in a small condo. Our child needed a crib and before I could unpack there was a knock at the door and it was the crib! The rooms were always spotless.The valet staff was also amazing and even when there was a small wait I didnt mind. It was really peaceful even though the Yankees were in town and there was a game at the Q Arena. I will definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend to all!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I had my wedding there it was so nice and everyone was very friendly they all went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I was expecting a typical downtown chain hotel quality and service. Instead, I found this hotel to be more like a boutique hotel. Smallish in size, great decor, well appointed spacious room, great bed (Sleep Number) and top notch staff. Great location across from the Q Arena. The only down side is that street noise can be loud when arena events let out. The next time I go to Cleveland I'm staying here!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Solon, Ohio
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I had the opportunity to stay in the Radisson in downtown Cleveland and loved the convenience to wonderful restaurants on East 4th Street, entertainment at the Q and the amenities that were offered to me. The Hotel staff was courteous and extremely helpful in finding entertainment in downtown Cleveland. Their parking valet went out of his way to be helpful and the front desk staff was extremely professional. I look forward to the next opportunity to stay there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo