“Loved the Radisson at Gund”

Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway
Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed April 3, 2005

Great hotel. The staff are excellent, they go out of their way to help you. The location was excellent, my husband and I went to Cleveland to catch a Cavs game and all we had to do is walk across the road. Since the traffing getting out of the game is awful this is an extra plus, you only have to walk across the street. The valet parking attendants are also exceptional. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2005
11  Thank travellover1917

Reviewed February 16, 2005

I've been pretty disappointed with the Radissons I've visited during the past year or so. I was expecting more of the "so-so-ness" this time around, but this Radisson was a VERY PLEASANT SURPRISE!

Parking attendant was very prompt and very helpful with information about area parking. Not a hard-sell at all. He simply explained the rates for several garages in the area and the Radisson rates. $18 a night at the hotel provides valet parking with unlimited in-and-out, so when compared with the garages in the area, it's worth it.

Check-in was painless & quick. No complaints. Had to do a late checkout - no problems. Even after I checked out they invited me to use the lobby area for my business for as long as needed.

The room was immaculate, and the bed was teriffic. I'm told ALL the rooms at this Radisson have Select Comfort ("Sleep Number") beds. I have back problems and purchased one of these beds for my home some time ago. Hotel beds are usually a painful part of my travels, so this was another nice surprise.

High speed is included in all rooms and in the lobby area and it worked flawlessly - no complicated setup process, no calls to tech support - it just worked!

Room service - Good food, quick service, and reasonably priced (for room service!).

There were only 2 areas that I found lacking:
1) No Bible in the room. (I'd forgotten to pack mine - shame on me!)
2) Water pressure in the shower was a little weak (I grade really hard on true water pressure - even a marginal hotel gets bonus points if it has killer water pressure!)

(There's no pool, but that's not an issue for me)

Overall, a great hotel that definitely gets a spot on my HIGHLY RECOMMENDED list.

13  Thank Ralph_Cramdon