“Great location for Cleveland sports”

Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway
Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Almost directly across the street from The Q and Progressive Field, this is a great location for sporting events. We were warmly welcomed by the valet person Anthony, who knew we came a long way to see the Cavaliers play. The room was ok, albeit with no view and slowly draining water from the tub. Of course, it had the signature Sleep Number beds, which were nice. The included breakfast buffet was fair, a bit limited and with a lot of empty bowls in the line, and cold breakfast burritos.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Scott G
scott s, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for your kind words regarding Anthony at the valet stand. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. So sorry that our buffet wasn't up to standard during your visit. I hope you will come and see us again in the near future.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a Suite with a separate bedroom and king size bed the room was spacious and accommodated us very nicely. We went to a Cleveland Cavalier game which was right across the street and it was very handy. Valet took our car and we never needed it again prior to leaving it was a nice walk to Lake Erie and pleasurable downtown experience. Great location.

Room Tip: Not sure if it had a pool did not use.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for writing about your stay with us. I really appreciate your compliments about our staff. I am very fortunate to have such a great team of people to work with. I hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

it is an excellent hotel in a perfect location. Staff were extremely nice and friendly. We stayed in this hotel for 18 days for my business trip. I never had any bad experience. We got complementary breakfast and free WIFI. We enjoyed a lot. Smoking not allowed.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

I am so glad your 18 day stay went so well! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about it and we hope you come back our way again.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Front desk made no attempt to hide their disdain when my partner and I checked into our room which had 1 king size bed. The front desk staff was extremely rude. Other than being close to the Q, this hotel had no redeeming qualities. I will not be back.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yummy160
Melissa M, Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for staying with the Radisson Cleveland Gateway. I would like to apologize for any problems that occurred during your stay. We are here for our guest and what them to feel at home with us. We hope that you would reconsider staying with us in the future. Have an excellent day.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This hotel is very close to Quicken Loans Arena, The Horseshoe Casino and Progressive Field. There are plenty of bars and restaurants nearby also. The rooms are typical hotel rooms. The bed was a Sleep Number bed which was very comfortable. The lobby was nice and clean. The lobby staff was pleasant to work with and responsive to any questions. There is a nice bar and restaurant close to the lobby. The prices are a little high, but that is expected with hotel bars. I would stay here again when visiting downtown Cleveland again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. I hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have stayed at this property several times and have always came away with a good feeling about booking here. I am in the hospitality industry myself, and appreciate good customer service. The valets are always great, very helpful and front desk is good too. The Winking Lizard is a couple doors down from the Hotel, so it is super convenient to walk for a meal without needing to drive anywhere. If you have an event to attend at the Q, you cannot be in a better location, it is right across the street. We have walked to Jacobs Pavillion from the Hotel also, as long as the weather is nice, it is an easy walk. Will definitely be back when my travels include anything near downtown Cleveland. Only real complaint on the last stay was that the TV did not work, however, they were sold out and could not move us, and they ended up comping the valet service, so it was fine, who needs a TV when you are on vacation anyways?

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so glad you enjoyed your vacation in Cleveland and glad you made the choice to stay with us AGAIN! Thank you so much, we appreciate your comments and hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I spent several days here while on business in Cleveland and the Columbus areas. I was in and out quite a bit, and I utilized room service and their valet a lot as well. My company was able to secure a good price for this hotel and I was pleased overall with the quality of the hotel and the service. I did have a few issues with the room service food, but the item was removed from my bill when I discussed things with the desk. Crunchy eggs aren't good! I was glad that they had the room service option, however, as the weather was terrible and I didn't feel like venturing out into the city to eat.
Valet is convenient (around $22 per day) when you don't want to hassle with parking downtown.
I had problems with young students yelling and running up and down the hallways on my final night there. I called down to the front desk three times. By the third time, I asked them to just move me if the noise didn't stop (I had a 5am flight to catch the next morning and needed to get to sleep). They did get the group to disperse- impressive- and I really appreciated it. This was by 10pm. I've dealt with hotels that would say they were doing something about noise problems and never even attempted to...so I appreciated this.
I'll be back in Cleveland soon for business again and I'll stay here. I'd recommend this hotel to colleagues and friends.
The sleep-number bed was fairly comfortable, the pillows could be a bit softer, but they worked, the TV channels were great, the shower was nice and hot, and all was clean and updated.
I had a pretty view out of my window of the capitol lit up in red, white and blue at night. All was quiet other than the kids on my final evening.
I appreciated the automatic updated bill under my door in the morning as well to save me time.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my view of the capitol building in the evening.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business